What to write in a personal statement if you want to transfer unis? Help 🙏

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm doing a foundation year but would like to transfer unis, I was a bit apprehensive as my alevels were pretty bad but I spoke to a few unis and they are still willing to consider my application, I just have to apply through UCAS.
But I'm a bit lost for my new personal statement what sort of stuff should I include.
Should i talk about the modules covered and what I learnt in my foundation year as well as my alevels and why I want to study law? Should I mention why I want to transfer briefly?
I have got somewhat of a rough draft
How should this personal statement differ from my original one.
Any help appreciated 😊
Last edited by amber2106; 1 month ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Transferring from a foundation course isn't the same as transferring part way through the actual degree. Treat it like a normal UCAS application. You don't need to talk about your A Levels or even your foundation degree really - focus on aspects of law that interest you. There's a guide for writing a law PS here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...tement-for-law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (25)
16.67%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
32.67%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.33%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (15)
10%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.67%
I think it's an unfair expectation (37)
24.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2%

Watched Threads