JohnS1945
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I'm thinking of applying to Leeds University for Medicine next year and I've heard the interview is very very hard. Is this true? I'm not asking for the interview questions just how the past candidates have found it.

Thanks.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More important is probably if you'll get an interview - Leeds selects heavily on GCSEs so you would need at least 7 8/9 grades.
Otherwise have a look at the Leeds 2021 thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560716
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JohnS1945)
Hey I'm thinking of applying to Leeds University for Medicine next year and I've heard the interview is very very hard. Is this true? I'm not asking for the interview questions just how the past candidates have found it.

Thanks.
Well everyone has the same interview, so it is the same for everyone? And somebody has to get an offer, so you only have to be in the top 50% or so of interviewees?
Leeds generally have a lower interview to offer ratio than other med schools, but is by no means the lowest
JohnS1945
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
More important is probably if you'll get an interview - Leeds selects heavily on GCSEs so you would need at least 7 8/9 grades.
Otherwise have a look at the Leeds 2021 thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560716
Hey, thank you for your reply. I do meet the GCSE requirements and am predicted more than the minimum for A Level and if you don't mind me asking where did you apply?

(Original post by GANFYD)
Well everyone has the same interview, so it is the same for everyone? And somebody has to get an offer, so you only have to be in the top 50% or so of interviewees?
Leeds generally have a lower interview to offer ratio than other med schools, but is by no means the lowest
Thank you for your reply, could you link me to a site where I can view these ratios if possible? Thanks.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JohnS1945)
Hey, thank you for your reply. I do meet the GCSE requirements and am predicted more than the minimum for A Level and if you don't mind me asking where did you apply?

Thank you for your reply, could you link me to a site where I can view these ratios if possible? Thanks.
I applied to Imperial, UCL, QMUL and KCL - just finishing up my first year at Imperial.
Ratios are here : https://public.tableau.com/profile/a...ticOtherRatios
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.76%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (88)
32.47%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (33)
12.18%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.49%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.17%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.11%

Watched Threads