How long do you think university exams will be in 2021/22?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! This year my university exams were all 24 hour open book. My university has said that exams next year will be open book but haven't yet decided on the length of these exams. How long are your exams/ which uni and how long do you think they'll be next year?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hey, It was mentioned 24 hour open book exams for the year for my University of Surrey.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! This year my university exams were all 24 hour open book. My university has said that exams next year will be open book but haven't yet decided on the length of these exams. How long are your exams/ which uni and how long do you think they'll be next year?
Hi!

Every university and course are different, so it might be worth contacting them about this.
This is still a while away so it's more than likely they have not decided this yet.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey!

This year here at Reading we had 23 hour open book online exams, so very similar to yours I'm sure!

I think that by next summer, the uni's will go back to having exams as was normal pre-covid - at least I think that's what the uni's are hoping to do. Although its difficult to say! Fingers crossed everything will be back to normal by then...

Hope this helps

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It varies.

My university's departments were split between 24 hour and fixed time. Unlike seemingly a lot of other universities, for the sciences these were all normal duration, so you got 2 or 3 hours to work on the paper and then 45 minutes to upload. (either choosing to start at a specific time or having to start at 9am or 2pm) I would be surprised if this changes. I'd say that my marks would have been a fair bit higher had I had 24 hours to think about them, I think that's sort of the point though.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.36%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.96%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.46%

Watched Threads