zarahh09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone help me with this please: Design the observation to investigate pupils’ social interaction in the playground

type of observation, with justification
choice of time sampling or event sampling, with justification
dealing withone relevant ethical issue
assessing reliability of the data through inter-observer reliability
Last edited by zarahh09; 1 month ago
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What help do you actually need?

Presumably this is part of a module or unit - have you read any relevant research or reading around designing a study?
zarahh09
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
What help do you actually need?

Presumably this is part of a module or unit - have you read any relevant research or reading around designing a study?
no this is just a practice exam question. i dont know what type of behaviours to observe in playgroung
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
no this is just a practice exam question. i dont know what type of behaviours to observe in playgroung
Try not to make it too complicated as it seems the focus of the question is really on the design of the study. Equally, what you observe will likely depend on whether you want to do event sampling or time sampling. So maybe for event, you note down every time a boy and a girl talk, a girl and a girl talk and a boy and a boy talk. Or you could possibly looks at different types of play?
zarahh09
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
Try not to make it too complicated as it seems the focus of the question is really on the design of the study. Equally, what you observe will likely depend on whether you want to do event sampling or time sampling. So maybe for event, you note down every time a boy and a girl talk, a girl and a girl talk and a boy and a boy talk. Or you could possibly looks at different types of play?
what if it was a time sampling?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads