jamesskenyon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering if the sport and exercise courses are heavy science based or more sport based and just general info about them as I’m unsure if it best me doing a diff sport course
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pretty sure most sport and exercise science courses are at least moderately scientific, and involve experimental work and data analysis as well as doing scientific calculations for various things. They are courses in the science behind sports performance and exercise physiology after all. It might vary somewhat between unis but I think some of the more notable ones (e.g. Loughborough and I think Exeter) are reasonably scientific from what I understand.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want a Sports course that is less scientific then look at Coaching or Management courses or even Sports Journalism.
Ckent1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jamesskenyon)
Just wondering if the sport and exercise courses are heavy science based or more sport based and just general info about them as I’m unsure if it best me doing a diff sport course
If you want to learn about the science do a sports science degree but if you are like me and want to do sports but not the science side I'd look at sports development or sports coaching.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.92%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.7%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.55%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (89)
10.97%
Financial worries (56)
6.91%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.56%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.08%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.49%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
8.01%

Watched Threads