nyameye-bentil23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm doing exdexcel maths for my gcse but i bought my workbooks before i realised we do edexcel maths and aqa everything else. I looked online and the spec didn't seem very different but will i struggle if i continue to use the aqa books instead of the edexcel ones?
Salli00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The exam boards are essentially have the same content (well mostly), I know that AQA have a few topics that is not covered in edexcel (like geometric sequences) but it doesn't differ that much. The main difference is how they word their questions in exam papers. So, using an aqa revision guide should not disadvantage you in anyway, but I wouldn't use it as your main form as revision. I'd recommend using maths genie as well as the spec and past papers to make sure you know everything you need to know for your edexcel maths gcse.
nyameye-bentil23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Salli00)
The exam boards are essentially have the same content (well mostly), I know that AQA have a few topics that is not covered in edexcel (like geometric sequences) but it doesn't differ that much. The main difference is how they word their questions in exam papers. So, using an aqa revision guide should not disadvantage you in anyway, but I wouldn't use it as your main form as revision. I'd recommend using maths genie as well as the spec and past papers to make sure you know everything you need to know for your edexcel maths gcse.
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.54%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (61)
12.08%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.54%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.5%
Financial worries (30)
5.94%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.97%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (50)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.32%

Watched Threads