The Student Room Group

Birmingham Rent Tenancy Problem?

I'm looking for a place for me and my friends to live for 2nd year. I'm looking around Birmingham city centre because it's the most convenient location for us. However, every agency/property I call says that because we want a September tenancy start, we should be looking a month before (late July/early August). This is my first time doing this, and I don't like leaving things to the last minute? Another one of my friends (who's not in Birmingham) says she already had her property sorted back in January.

Has any one else staying in Birmingham faced this issue? Is it normal or am I not looking in the right places? I've been searching since April and this is the one problem I've always faced, so maybe it's just a Birmingham thing but it still makes me worried.
Reply 1
Don’t listen to agents/landlords. As a person my self that signed a contract then regretted it with them not allowing me to cancel or make changes I 100% think you should take your time and choose carefully before signing your self into any type of tenancy. Especially private accommodation, they are genuinely just greedy for money and couldn’t care less about your own problems! Best advice I can give you is take all the time you can and read the contract thoroughly before signing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending