Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello ,

I'm currently selecting my modules for Econ and Modern History, and have one more space to fill up. My maths isn't particularly strong, therefore I'll need to dedicate extra studying and effort towards my Econ modules during my first year.

I'm mature student who didn't do maths at secondary school and don't feel 100% confident in my studying or academic abilities, so don't want throw myself in the deep end straight away. Any suggestions of modules that are known to be 'easy' just to fill the 120 credits?

Thank you!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 minutes ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello ,

I'm currently selecting my modules for Econ and Modern History, and have one more space to fill up. My maths isn't particularly strong, therefore I'll need to dedicate extra studying and effort towards my Econ modules during my first year.

I'm mature student who didn't do maths at secondary school and don't feel 100% confident in my studying or academic abilities, so don't want throw myself in the deep end straight away. Any suggestions of modules that are known to be 'easy' just to fill the 120 credits?

Thank you!
i would SERIOUSLY avoid an Economics degree without confidence in maths. people think econ is just a bit mathsy, but it's actually applied maths at 2nd year level onwards.

psychology was an easy module in my day but it MIGHT have been made more rigorous, sustainable development and social anthropology are the standard easy ones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads