Break-up Advice: Unstable Thoughts and Feelings, Help!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, I recently broke-up with a girl about 2-weeks ago. I'd been seeing them since January so not that long, but I didn't want it to end, so I've been dumped, and yeah, it sucks.

It's my 1st break-up but I feel like I'm going kinda crazy, I'm feeling some negative emotions that I've never felt before. I find myself becoming jealous and obsessing over things that don't even make sense. An example, I bought a couple of candles and baby oil which we used when having sex. Now they're at her house, I can't stop thinking about her using them with someone else.

Are thoughts/feelings like this normal or am I going crazy?
rightuptomy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You are sad like most people would be.

There are plenty more fish in the sea.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rightuptomy)
You are sad like most people would be.

There are plenty more fish in the sea.
Yeah I'm sad, angry and jealous

Should I get my stuff back?
username3962008
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I recently broke-up with a girl about 2-weeks ago. I'd been seeing them since January so not that long, but I didn't want it to end, so I've been dumped, and yeah, it sucks.

It's my 1st break-up but I feel like I'm going kinda crazy, I'm feeling some negative emotions that I've never felt before. I find myself becoming jealous and obsessing over things that don't even make sense. An example, I bought a couple of candles and baby oil which we used when having sex. Now they're at her house, I can't stop thinking about her using them with someone else.

Are thoughts/feelings like this normal or am I going crazy?
You are like me right now, ever since I 'broke up' with someone, my mood has gone from feeling happy to really sad and I have to exercise and get out of the house frequently.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah I'm sad, angry and jealous

Should I get my stuff back?
If you have other nice stuff at hers then ask for it back, if it is just the oil and candles then don't as you would come across as quite petty
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ReadingMum)
If you have other nice stuff at hers then ask for it back, if it is just the oil and candles then don't as you would come across as quite petty
It's just candles, oil and wine. Stuff we'd use to have sex. I wouldn't mind but it's the thought of her using it with someone else that's eating me up inside. I'd say I am a bit of a jealous type, a characteristic that put a strain on our relationship. But because of that I'm struggling to let certain things go
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rosessta3rs7)
You are like me right now, ever since I 'broke up' with someone, my mood has gone from feeling happy to really sad and I have to exercise and get out of the house frequently.
that's what I've been trying to do too. This your 1st break-up?
username3962008
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
that's what I've been trying to do too. This your 1st break-up?
Basically, I thought we were in a relationship but weren't. Met him in October.... I regard this as my first proper breakup. He wasn't clear what he wanted and after eight months I literally had to ask whether we were in a relationship or not.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is my first bit of advice- find a hobby. You have tons of options- sport, cookery, art, music, or languages. Look for a local private but good quality tutor or established school etc and start learning on your own. Check out some past reviews carefully and pay attention to your instinct too. Find out as much as possible. See if your local library has books. Or visit your closest bookstore.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It’s normal to feel pretty cut up when you think things are going well and then they’re not. The best way is only to look forward. Gifts and mementos from the good times are a source of a lot of angst and should just be written off physically and mentally. Behave honourably and don’t let someone who dumps you see how much you’re hurting would be my advice. New and better love comes
Last edited by Zarek; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads