imaanali1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I really want to attend a grammar 6th form in Birmingham and I know that places are limited as an external pupil so I am a bit conscious whether I will get in. I have straight grade 8 and 9 predictions and I am a prefect, peer mentor, i did voluntary charity work, a leadership award, first aid course and got a distinction in my speech which we did in english. I also can ensure a really great reference. My peers have similar grades to me, some below, however they have more prominent extra curriculars, such as house captain alongside a really good reference. Do you think I stand a chance getting into a grammar 6th form since it is all about academics or do you think they look for more than just
academics now. Thank you
Last edited by imaanali1; 4 weeks ago
corrie1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I find that with situations like this the outcome is often due to luck as many candidates have the exact same qualifications! Just try and wow them at interview and don't worry about it too much as you seem to have a great application, and there's only so much you can do Good luck !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (71)
22.98%
Excited but a bit nervous (137)
44.34%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.97%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.71%

Watched Threads