melissaa.x16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hiya guys,
i’ve heard a relentless number of times not to do alevel law if you want to do it at uni. many people have told me this but i really don’t know the reason for this can someone please explain!! i feel as though alevel law is something i would enjoy

also in order to do cooperate law would alevel business be a good choice (for reference im planning to do law, politics and sociology).
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! My friends who do law a level absolutely love it, although they have good teachers so that plays a part. I believe it is more of an easier, less 'important' a level, or rather it is viewed as that by some unis. However, if you think you enjoy it and do well, id say go for itidk what the link is between not doing it at a level if you want to do it at uni- i once heard someone say that its because the content taught at a level essentially is opposite than that of uni law, but i dont think thats right.

Business and your other a levels seem great for law and you also have options! Id say go for it

I made the mistake of taking an a level i didnt enjoy because it was seen as harder and more important, but i hated it, struggled and dropped out. Dont make the same mistake as me!
melissaa.x16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by brionyvj)
Hi! My friends who do law a level absolutely love it, although they have good teachers so that plays a part. I believe it is more of an easier, less 'important' a level, or rather it is viewed as that by some unis. However, if you think you enjoy it and do well, id say go for itidk what the link is between not doing it at a level if you want to do it at uni- i once heard someone say that its because the content taught at a level essentially is opposite than that of uni law, but i dont think thats right.

Business and your other a levels seem great for law and you also have options! Id say go for it

I made the mistake of taking an a level i didnt enjoy because it was seen as harder and more important, but i hated it, struggled and dropped out. Dont make the same mistake as me!
Thank you, this was super helpful
Sorry to hear you hated your alevel choice, hope you’ve found something you love and enjoy!!
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Its a total myth that Unis 'don't like' A level Law - read this, all of it : https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/content...AW-SUPPORT.PDF
brionyvj
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by melissaa.x16)
Thank you, this was super helpful
Sorry to hear you hated your alevel choice, hope you’ve found something you love and enjoy!!
I did thanks, doing different a levels and going to uni do to those subjectslet us know what you decide!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads