lauren.studies
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I have my driving test mid-July I do feel fairly confident at the moment about it. With my instructor I am just tying up loose ends such as making sure that I put my mirror back up after doing a manoeuvre (which I keep forgetting to do any tips on trying to remember would be great). I was just wondering what other little things like that or , for example common pitfalls that I should be aware of for my driving test and any other general tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
Lauren
Last edited by lauren.studies; 1 month ago
lauren.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauren.studies)
Hello,
I have my driving test mid-July I do feel fairly confident at the moment about it. With my instructor I am just tying up loose ends such as making sure that I put my mirror back up after doing a manoeuvre (which I keep forgetting to do any tips on trying to remember would be great). I was just wondering what other little things like that or , for example common pitfalls that I should be aware of for my driving test and any other general tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
Lauren
I do also have some questions
1) when you've completed your forward bay park , in a busy car park do you need to signal coming out or will your position reversing out be enough to tell everyone around you?
2)How often to check my mirrors? I haven't been told I lack in checking my mirrors but knowing what others did to pass their test would be good advice.
3) Are you allowed to ask confirmation of where you are going for example with the sat nav or is it better to go the wrong way?
TheDE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lauren.studies)
I do also have some questions
1) when you've completed your forward bay park , in a busy car park do you need to signal coming out or will your position reversing out be enough to tell everyone around you?
2)How often to check my mirrors? I haven't been told I lack in checking my mirrors but knowing what others did to pass their test would be good advice.
3) Are you allowed to ask confirmation of where you are going for example with the sat nav or is it better to go the wrong way?
The reverse light which comes on when you select reverse is the signal, but you shouldn't need to indicate as you shouldn't reverse out in front of someone. The chosen carparks are generally very quiet ones.

Check whenever you pull up on the left, move off, turn left or right, change lanes, overtake or slow down for obstacles/other road users.

You can ask for confirmation, but there will be directions on the screen as well as the voice directions and a blue line you can follow. If you go the wrong way it may be construed as deliberately avoiding doing something and you will be redirected by the examiner back to the point before you went off the route.
lauren.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
The reverse light which comes on when you select reverse is the signal, but you shouldn't need to indicate as you shouldn't reverse out in front of someone. The chosen carparks are generally very quiet ones.

Check whenever you pull up on the left, move off, turn left or right, change lanes, overtake or slow down for obstacles/other road users.

You can ask for confirmation, but there will be directions on the screen as well as the voice directions and a blue line you can follow. If you go the wrong way it may be construed as deliberately avoiding doing something and you will be redirected by the examiner back to the point before you went off the route.
Thank you for the very informative and well-explained advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
40%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8%
No I am happy with my choice (13)
52%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads