random1593
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, I just had year 10 mocks and I got an average grade in AQA Chemistry, I am really looking to up my grade to >8. Did anyone get these grades and if so how did your revise?
Last edited by random1593; 1 month ago
sashamashapotata
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by random1593)
Hiya, I just had year 10 mocks and I got an average grade in Chemistry, I am really looking to up my grade to >8. Did anyone get these grades and if so how did your revise?
i just did my yr 10 mocks too and got a 9 in all sciences somehow lol.
i found that making revision posters after every topic and doing that throughout the year really helped so i had all the information in one place summarised
also doing lots of past papers was really helpful so u can see what you dont understand and work on that area then do some questions on it
i emailed my teachers with everything i didnt understand and they went through it again with me

hope this helped!
Louise_f121
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya, I just had year 10 mocks and I got an average grade in Chemistry, I am really looking to up my grade to >8. Did anyone get these grades and if so how did your revise?
Seneca is really useful for science revision, I went from a grade 5 to a 9 in my exams from using it. Hope this helps
random1593
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sashamashapotata)
i just did my yr 10 mocks too and got a 9 in all sciences somehow lol.
i found that making revision posters after every topic and doing that throughout the year really helped so i had all the information in one place summarised
also doing lots of past papers was really helpful so u can see what you dont understand and work on that area then do some questions on it
i emailed my teachers with everything i didnt understand and they went through it again with me

hope this helped!
Did you use any online resources to make the posters?
Last edited by random1593; 1 month ago
sashamashapotata
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you use any online resources to make the posters?
not really i just made a list of everything we did during that topic and then wrote it all out seneca was useful too
daisiejane
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i found past papers the best way to revise. sit an exam and mark it yourself, then correct the questions you answered wrong - this will identify any topics you need to revise more or ask your teacher about if its something you don't understand. the more past papers you do, the higher your mark will get as particuarly with science gcses, the mark scheme is very specific and the same questions tend to come up through the years. you should be able to find all of the past papers on your exam board website, but if not there are plenty of websites with past papers on too. hope this helps
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Freesciencelessons on youtube are very good. don’t think they were around when I did my GCSE’s a few years ago but they were helpful for catching up with science for a course I’m doing. He covers Biology, Chemistry and Physics at GCSE and some of A level. Chemrevise, Physics and Maths tutor and Quizlet are are dead helpful as well :yep:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed