sashamashapotata
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have my french writing exam in a few days and then my speaking in a week and i still cant even conjugate any verbs and im in year 10 oops i literally know nothing does anyone have any good revision tips?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
flashcards
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For practice with verb conjugation, languagesonline.org.uk is fairly straightforward and thorough. Go to the Grammar section under the French bit.
See if you can spot any patterns as to how different verbs are conjugated for different subjects, and maybe write this down on paper/flashcards/whatever works for you. Parler, choisir and vendre are good models for the rules for conjugating -er, -ir and -re verbs respectively, so see if you can learn the verb endings for present tense and any other tenses you have learnt. And then there are a few key irregulars such as avoir, être, faire, aller, which are also very useful for other tenses and sentence structures. And modal verbs (pouvoir, vouloir, devoir) tend to follow similar patterns to each other.

When you are speaking, quite a few conjugated forms of a verb will sound the same, e.g. (je) parle, (tu) parles, (il/elle/on) parle, (ils/elles) parlent. ("parl"). And then there is (nous) parlons and (vous) parlez which sound different. In speaking you can quite often get away with using 'on' instead of 'nous'.
Balls_Deep_in_U
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
je suis a la piscine
GTT21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sashamashapotata)
i have my french writing exam in a few days and then my speaking in a week and i still cant even conjugate any verbs and im in year 10 oops i literally know nothing does anyone have any good revision tips?
Go through each topic section and come up with 10-15 phrases/sentences in french with English translation below for each topic like one for au college. Revise these phrases off by heart, sing it something, then write the phrases you learnt in your exam.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sashamashapotata)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zc7xpv4
sashamashapotata
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
a

(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
For practice with verb conjugation, languagesonline.org.uk is fairly straightforward and thorough. Go to the Grammar section under the French bit.
See if you can spot any patterns as to how different verbs are conjugated for different subjects, and maybe write this down on paper/flashcards/whatever works for you. Parler, choisir and vendre are good models for the rules for conjugating -er, -ir and -re verbs respectively, so see if you can learn the verb endings for present tense and any other tenses you have learnt. And then there are a few key irregulars such as avoir, être, faire, aller, which are also very useful for other tenses and sentence structures. And modal verbs (pouvoir, vouloir, devoir) tend to follow similar patterns to each other.

When you are speaking, quite a few conjugated forms of a verb will sound the same, e.g. (je) parle, (tu) parles, (il/elle/on) parle, (ils/elles) parlent. ("parl"). And then there is (nous) parlons and (vous) parlez which sound different. In speaking you can quite often get away with using 'on' instead of 'nous'.
thannk you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.86%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
45.08%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.75%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.32%

Watched Threads