The Student Room Group

Grades

Can anyone explain to me why if my son passed all elements of his English assessments why he would be graded a d7? That's barely a pass is it? Been trying to find out as he is a bit gutted as he tried really hard
He got graded a 7?
9 is a**
8 is a*
7 is an a
So a 7 is still impressive
And he may have passed them all but maybe he didn't get all the marks
A 4 or 5 is still a pass! Just less
Reply 2
he is just in 4th year, his certificate says p for the rest and for computer science he got a b4?
Reply 3
Original post by Laineylou
Can anyone explain to me why if my son passed all elements of his English assessments why he would be graded a d7? That's barely a pass is it? Been trying to find out as he is a bit gutted as he tried really hard

he is just in 4th year, his certificate says p for the rest and for computer science he got a b4?

I’d definitely question the school the way they have done it is very strange. Appeals for students open up on the 26th of june I think so you could also launch an appeal. I think a P means pass but they haven’t given you a grade so I’d also ask about that as a P isn’t a grade itself
Reply 4
its just provisional grades, he gets his certificate in August
Reply 5
its just provisional grades, he gets his certificate in August

This year provisional grades are more than likely what he will get in august as they are teacher assessed, this is why you might want to ask the school about his grades as they can give you a reasoning as to why they gave him that result
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I just got an email back a few minutes ago saying that he passed all units in nat 5 English and got a D in his final assessment, its still a pass apprently
If he passed all his units with Ds then it will be a D then. Did they give you % or marks for each unit-

RUAE is out of 30
Set Text - 20
Critical Essay - 20
Folio - 30

I think a D or 7 boundary is around 45-49% or 45-49 marks in total. A fail is 44 marks or less.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
thanks, its a pass then, by the skin of his teeth, il take that 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending