The Student Room Group

DofE

How much is the bronze duke of Edinburgh?

And silver and gold if anyone has done them.

Thanks
It depends... everyone does it differently.

Some organisations you pay more and they provide you with lots of equipment like your tent, rucksack, cooking stoves etc... others you pay less but buy more yourself.

Are you looking to do it with your school, or outside of school?
The organisation I do it with provides most equipment and B, S & Gold cost: £179, £199 & £299.

However, they also help a lot with grants and payment plans to ensure everyone who wants to do it can.
Reply 3
Original post by MatthewAteYou
It depends... everyone does it differently.

Some organisations you pay more and they provide you with lots of equipment like your tent, rucksack, cooking stoves etc... others you pay less but buy more yourself.

Are you looking to do it with your school, or outside of school?

I am looking to do it in school next year. If we can due to Covid.
Reply 4
Original post by MatthewAteYou
The organisation I do it with provides most equipment and B, S & Gold cost: £179, £199 & £299.

However, they also help a lot with grants and payment plans to ensure everyone who wants to do it can.

mine was £155 wen I did it about 2 years ago, if you don't do it with school and do it privately which some of my friends did it cost them £31 and they were provided with the equipment too-but their meetings were in a community centre and mine was in school
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lars360
I am looking to do it in school next year. If we can due to Covid.

It’s looking positive, I’m leading some expeditions this summer so next year you should be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending