Teeth whitening no difference?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there a chance someone can get professional whitening and see no difference? my dentist wants £350 for SDI Poladay whitening which is quite a lot of money but if there is a risk of no result then i don't think i'll go for it but my dentist keeps telling me EVERYONE see's atleast some difference but is she just saying that?
Anonymous #1
Why is that expensive? i thought all whitening done through a dentist would be in the £300 to £500 range?
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why is that expensive? i thought all whitening done through a dentist would be in the £300 to £500 range?
Try asking them to polish and scale your teeth first. Also brush your teeth for 2 minutes morning and night. I would not pay for teeth whitening as you would need 2-3 treatments for noticeable differences.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StarLinyx)
Try asking them to polish and scale your teeth first. Also brush your teeth for 2 minutes morning and night. I would not pay for teeth whitening as you would need 2-3 treatments for noticeable differences.
They advised me to get a polish before booking an appointment for whitening so i have had one of those already and would i? apparently its a home whitening kit that lasts i believe 14 days where you wear their gel for 30 mins a day.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They advised me to get a polish before booking an appointment for whitening so i have had one of those already and would i? apparently its a home whitening kit that lasts i believe 14 days where you wear their gel for 30 mins a day.
I would concentrate on brushing your teeth well and using a whitening mouth wash for a couple of months first to see how white you can get them. The super white teeth you see on tv is a result of people investing 15-20k on a full set of new porcelain veneers.
mathperson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can buy these same whitening kits for probably £14.99 in Boots or Superdrug.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.76%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (88)
32.47%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (33)
12.18%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.49%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.17%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.11%

Watched Threads