Josiegotswag
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello basically I can’t decide between taking psychology, biology and chemistry for A-levels or taking one of those out and doing french. Either taking french, biology and psychology or french, biology and chemistry. I love french-Canadian people and I’m amazing at french. But I am really interested in psychology, biology and chemistry career-wise. I would be so sad if I had to give up french because I love it so much and I am predicted a 9 at GCSE. What should I take? Please help
MLegard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I would say pick things you are good at? I studied all the 'fun' subjects at A level but I was naturally probably better at Maths and Chemistry. Genuinely wish I could go back and change my options as a Maths A level would have been bloody handy. I think it may be wise to have a mix of things you are interested in that are new to you but also some safe bets that you know you are good at.
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Josiegotswag)
Hello basically I can’t decide between taking psychology, biology and chemistry for A-levels or taking one of those out and doing french. Either taking french, biology and psychology or french, biology and chemistry. I love french-Canadian people and I’m amazing at french. But I am really interested in psychology, biology and chemistry career-wise. I would be so sad if I had to give up french because I love it so much and I am predicted a 9 at GCSE. What should I take? Please help
You can easily do French in your own time. No need to dedicate an A level to it.
Last edited by JustSomeGuy:/; 1 month ago
Josiegotswag
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
You can easily do French in your own time. No need to dedicate an A level to it.
You’re right. I am terrified at how hard my a-levels are going to be though. I really don’t think I’m good enough, especially at chemistry because apparently the maths is really difficult and I am either going to get a 6 or scrape a 7 at GCSE maths.
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Josiegotswag)
You’re right. I am terrified at how hard my a-levels are going to be though. I really don’t think I’m good enough, especially at chemistry because apparently the maths is really difficult and I am either going to get a 6 or scrape a 7 at GCSE maths.
6 or 7 in maths sounds fine for A-level chemistry. As someone who just finished A-level chemistry, the maths can be hard if you're not taught how to answer the questions (like me lol but you should be fine) since they usually follow a procedure however there aren't too many questions that are maths based so you'll be fine... you could get an A and get 0 marks on every maths based question.
Last edited by JustSomeGuy:/; 1 month ago
Weehee3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've watched a few videos of people giving chemistry A-Level advice and they say the maths is quite manageable, so I think you'll will be able to cope with your predicted grades. Generally, out of all the 3 sciences physics requires more advanced maths skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads