The Student Room Group

History work experience

Hi, I want to apply for history at uni and am trying to find work experience during covid. Do you recommend contacting people or museums?
You need to check first if any museum or university is open to more applicants even during the pandemic.
Original post by Ekpstudent
Hi, I want to apply for history at uni and am trying to find work experience during covid. Do you recommend contacting people or museums?

Hi @Ekpstudent

It is great that you are considering studying History at university.

If you are wanting to gain experience consider whether there are volunteering opportunities available with local heritage sites as well as museums.

Additionally, consider attending talks as well, as a lot of talks are currently being held online and it's a great opportunity to learn about research that is being done in different fields of research. Many of these talks are free to attend.

If you have any questions about what it is like to study History at university, I am happy to answer any questions which you may have via our ask a student page - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Emily
PhD History Candidate
University of Hull Student Representative

Work experience is not needed to boost your application for history.

Hey @Ekpstudent,

Whilst it can be more challenging to find face to face work experience during COVID. One thing that can help your application stand out is completing online courses related to your subject of interest. Reading University and Colchester Museum have partnered up to run an online course where you'll be one of the first to study 2,000-year-old cremated remains and gain further insight into the people that lived there. Here is a link to the course directly on future learn.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina
3rd year pharmacy student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending