Is this a good salary for a graduate job?

Watch
lollipop102
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I’m graduating in July but have managed to secure myself a job as a Legal Analyst at an international law firm. The salary is £22,000 (before tax and national insurance. so it’s actually just over 18k a year and just over 1,500/month).

Is this a good salary for a graduate job? The only current expense I have is rent to my parents which is around 400/month and then otherwise just general purchases.

Thanks in advance
PorkBunFun
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For your current situation it sounds reasonable and considering the position it sounds as if there is good room to grow and get promoted. Worst comes to worst it will be good job experience when looking for a higher paid job in the future - since if this is the career you are set on, the experience will most definitely help down the road.

Pay also depends on your exact qualification and prior experience so for further reference it may be useful to look for others who are in a similar job/qualifications position - and if they are comfortable in expressing their earnings, then ask. Another thing to do is google your qualification/degree title and look at other positions people have gone into after graduating. The jobs you can try to get don't also only depend on having a qualification but the level of qualification (such as getting a first/second uppers/distinction etc) but also prior experience.
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't really compare graduate jobs from different industries. A **** IB grad salary is a dream salary for someone on a journalism grad scheme, for example.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.36%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.96%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed