Mode of classes at University of Liverpool

Watch
ashish.145
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I read from someone's comment on YouTube that Uni of Liverpool would be conducting only online classes for the next 2 years!??
I know this sounds really dumb but can anybody confirm its false, since I am an international student from India planning to go there and it wouldn't be worth it if the classes are online.
(Holding an offer letter for BEng in Mechanical Engineering at UoL)
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps this might help you. (https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/yo...-for-teaching/)
ashish.145
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Perhaps this might help you. (https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/yo...-for-teaching/)
Umm bro this is confusing. What do they mean by "blended learning"? Are all unis planning on doing that..or is it just liverpool? They have presented the idea in an unclear manner ..I am having second thoughts rn.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashish.145)
Umm bro this is confusing. What do they mean by "blended learning"? Are all unis planning on doing that..or is it just liverpool? They have presented the idea in an unclear manner ..I am having second thoughts rn.
Blended learning means a combination of online and offline classes, and I'm not sure about which uni will offer that.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I read from someone's comment on YouTube that Uni of Liverpool would be conducting only online classes for the next 2 years!??
I know this sounds really dumb but can anybody confirm its false, since I am an international student from India planning to go there and it wouldn't be worth it if the classes are online.
To be honest, Engineering is a big course, and, with everything going on, I wouldn't expect in-person lectures, at least for the next year. Liverpool is a bit chaotic at the moment as well with the Strikes, so who knows what will happen. I would prepare for in-person seminars and remote lectures next year, however, but, of course, hope for the best.

Source: I have a friend in the SE faculty at Liverpool.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello,

The university will only conduct large lectures when it is completely safe to do so. Of course, it is keeping up to date with the current climate and as soon as it is appropriate to have large lectures, then they will commence again. Since the future is unknown, it is hard to put a set date on this.

For the time being, smaller seminars and workshops are aimed to be held in person and so valuable practicals should still be going ahead

Antonia
University of Liverpool - Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads