The Student Room Group

College Choice

I have to choose between NCS and Seven Kings, for context, NCS is really good and easy to get to however I have to study 4 subjects there (Math, Bio Chem and Economics). Seven Kings on the other hand is good and balanced (not as good as NCS however) and further away and is a bit more difficult to get to though I would study only Math, Bio and Chem there which would be much more manageable.
I want to go to the college where I can excel the most at which would probably be NCS however it is risky as they kick you out if you don't get at least a C(or a B idk) in all of your subjects before the second year of A-Level starts. Out of my A-Level choices I like Math, Bio and Chem, Economics is just the 4th one I chose because studying 4 subjects in the first year is necessary for some colleges. I know the final choice will be my own, but I want to ask for peoples opinions on which college would be the better choice given this info. Thanks for any replies.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Okayn
I have to choose between NCS and Seven Kings, for context, NCS is really good and easy to get to however I have to study 4 subjects there (Math, Bio Chem and Economics). Seven Kings on the other hand is good and balanced (not as good as NCS however) and further away and is a bit more difficult to get to though I would study only Math, Bio and Chem there which would be much more manageable.
I want to go to the college where I can excel the most at which would probably be NCS however it is risky as they kick you out if you don't get at least a C(or a B idk) in all of your subjects before the second year of A-Level starts. Out of my A-Level choices I like Math, Bio and Chem, Economics is just the 4th one I chose because studying 4 subjects in the first year is necessary for some colleges. I know the final choice will be my own, but I want to ask for peoples opinions on which college would be the better choice given this info. Thanks for any replies.

what the hellll, these are my exact same subjects that I chose for ncs and the same 3 i chose for seven kings. I would recommend NCS right now as that's what I'm leaning towards. My taster day is tomorrow
Reply 3
Original post by Baddiee
what the hellll, these are my exact same subjects that I chose for ncs and the same 3 i chose for seven kings. I would recommend NCS right now as that's what I'm leaning towards. My taster day is tomorrow

Oh really wow I had my taster day 2 days ago it seemed a bit more positive than I expected even though there were so many ppl
Reply 4
Original post by Okayn
Oh really wow I had my taster day 2 days ago it seemed a bit more positive than I expected even though there were so many ppl

I'm acc deciding between NCS and Woddhouse because I don't want to go to a sixthform where everyone already knows each other ig. I'm surprised to see we are taking the same subjects lol I haven't seen anyone with the same combination as me. Would you say the content you learned at the taster day was difficult?
Reply 5
Original post by Baddiee
I'm acc deciding between NCS and Woddhouse because I don't want to go to a sixthform where everyone already knows each other ig. I'm surprised to see we are taking the same subjects lol I haven't seen anyone with the same combination as me. Would you say the content you learned at the taster day was difficult?

The content wasn't that hard, it was new for sure but not enough to be scary. In maths we did stuff on factorial which is fine, bio was just practical, chem was slightly more complicated cos they showed a mechanism or something that was easy to understand but had a lot of steps and economics was just answering simple questions
Reply 6
Original post by Okayn
The content wasn't that hard, it was new for sure but not enough to be scary. In maths we did stuff on factorial which is fine, bio was just practical, chem was slightly more complicated cos they showed a mechanism or something that was easy to understand but had a lot of steps and economics was just answering simple questions

ok thanks a lot for your help, I hope you get the grades you want and make a decision on which college you'll go to.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest