The Student Room Group

Logs help

Wasn't able to do last question and not sure if it relates to coordinates I got from these questions
what questions?
Reply 2
IMG_20210622_122039.jpg last question sir
Original post by dwrfwrw
IMG_20210622_122039.jpg last question sir

imma miss
Reply 4
Original post by Book0306
imma miss

think i know how to do it i think you use distance formula and using coordinates of (c,log2(c), (c,log2(c-3) and using distance being equal to 4 and solve
Original post by dwrfwrw
think i know how to do it i think you use distance formula and using coordinates of (c,log2(c), (c,log2(c-3) and using distance being equal to 4 and solve

cool
Reply 6

cool

do u understand lol
Original post by dwrfwrw

do u understand lol

haha nope
Reply 8
haha nope

Ok, so since P has equation of y=log2(x) and the x coordinate of P is C , we sub c into y=log2(c) to get coordinate of P which is (C,LOG2(C),
NOW FOR Q, since Q has x coordinate of c, and has equation of y=log2(x-3), we sub c in to get y and we get (c, log2(c-3))
they said the distance is 4 and we find distance between those two points using the distance formula and then solve for c :biggrin:
Original post by dwrfwrw
Ok, so since P has equation of y=log2(x) and the x coordinate of P is C , we sub c into y=log2(c) to get coordinate of P which is (C,LOG2(C),
NOW FOR Q, since Q has x coordinate of c, and has equation of y=log2(x-3), we sub c in to get y and we get (c, log2(c-3))
they said the distance is 4 and we find distance between those two points using the distance formula and then solve for c :biggrin:

can u pm quick?
A rough sketch would help. Both points have x=c as the x coordinate, so the distance is simply the vertical distance, so the difference of two logs ...?
Original post by dwrfwrw
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by mqb2766
A rough sketch would help. Both points have x=c as the x coordinate, so the distance is simply the vertical distance, so the difference of two logs ...?

yeah i mean i didnt need to sketch the diagram, it was already given to us i was just overcomplicating the question, thanks for helping though

Quick Reply

Latest