dwrfwrw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Wasn't able to do last question and not sure if it relates to coordinates I got from these questions
username5750980
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what questions?
dwrfwrw
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_20210622_122039.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  110.9 KB last question sir
username5750980
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dwrfwrw)
Name:  IMG_20210622_122039.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  110.9 KB last question sir
imma miss
dwrfwrw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Book0306)
imma miss
think i know how to do it i think you use distance formula and using coordinates of (c,log2(c), (c,log2(c-3) and using distance being equal to 4 and solve
username5750980
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
think i know how to do it i think you use distance formula and using coordinates of (c,log2(c), (c,log2(c-3) and using distance being equal to 4 and solve
cool
dwrfwrw
Rep:
?

cool
do u understand lol
username5750980
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

do u understand lol
haha nope
dwrfwrw
Rep:
?
haha nope
Ok, so since P has equation of y=log2(x) and the x coordinate of P is C , we sub c into y=log2(c) to get coordinate of P which is (C,LOG2(C),
NOW FOR Q, since Q has x coordinate of c, and has equation of y=log2(x-3), we sub c in to get y and we get (c, log2(c-3))
they said the distance is 4 and we find distance between those two points using the distance formula and then solve for c
username5750980
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok, so since P has equation of y=log2(x) and the x coordinate of P is C , we sub c into y=log2(c) to get coordinate of P which is (C,LOG2(C),
NOW FOR Q, since Q has x coordinate of c, and has equation of y=log2(x-3), we sub c in to get y and we get (c, log2(c-3))
they said the distance is 4 and we find distance between those two points using the distance formula and then solve for c
can u pm quick?
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A rough sketch would help. Both points have x=c as the x coordinate, so the distance is simply the vertical distance, so the difference of two logs ...?
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
dwrfwrw
Rep:
?
(Original post by mqb2766)
A rough sketch would help. Both points have x=c as the x coordinate, so the distance is simply the vertical distance, so the difference of two logs ...?
yeah i mean i didnt need to sketch the diagram, it was already given to us i was just overcomplicating the question, thanks for helping though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.02%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.77%

Watched Threads