Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Hey Guys!!!!

Hope everyone is good and enjoying being back in education!

I am currently in my 2nd year undergraduate psychology course, and have a mini-project to do complete within 6 weeks. We have decided to do it on 'change blindness', but am absolutely stuck on how to do it! Its not unbelievably important, but I would really like to get a 1st in it.

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas of how to do it both interestingly and originally.

Thank you so much for your help,

Sally :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SallyWally)

Hey Guys!!!!

Hope everyone is good and enjoying being back in education!

I am currently in my 2nd year undergraduate psychology course, and have a mini-project to do complete within 6 weeks. We have decided to do it on 'change blindness', but am absolutely stuck on how to do it! Its not unbelievably important, but I would really like to get a 1st in it.

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas of how to do it both interestingly and originally.

Thank you so much for your help,

Sally :p:

hey..i am chinses in china..so my english is not very good..what do u mean by blindness here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmjafflatus)
    hey..i am chinses in china..so my english is not very good..what do u mean by blindness here..
    Change Blindness is when somebody fails to see CHANGES in a scene that they are viewing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    Change Blindness is when somebody fails to see CHANGES in a scene that they are viewing.
    you mean the mental things.right.somebody are upset about the future..:confused: my poor english is so if u are busy.just dont pay attention on me

ReputationRep:
    One kinda sad situation when someone fails to see changes in life is when a group of friends grow out of partying and start becoming mature/creating a family'n'stuff but one of the group keeps partying and tries to get the rest of the group still in the party mood but they're just annoyed by him and tell him to grow up.

I suggest you do a minicomedy about that, it could be fun xD
    (was that even an example of the Change Blindness-thingy... xD No idea)

ReputationRep:
    O yeah, I prob shudda said. Change blindness is when things change in the environment around you, but when you are unaware of them.

1 example is if 2 pictures are shown, one after the other, with one fundamental difference, chances are the majority of people wont see it.

Another example is that if there are two strangers having a conversation, it is possible to swap one person for another, without the bistander noticing.

I'm not very good at explaining things, but if you type 'change blindness' into 'youtube.com' there are examples. It is very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    No, Change Blindness if a visual problem, it's nothing really to do with changes in life. We're talking about physical changes in a visual scenery which is not perceived by somebody viewing this scenery.

ReputationRep:
    O yeah, I prob shudda said. Change blindness is when things change in the environment around you, but when you are unaware of them.

1 example is if 2 pictures are shown, one after the other, with one fundamental difference, chances are the majority of people wont see it.

Another example is that if there are two strangers having a conversation, it is possible to swap one person for another, without the bistander noticing.

I'm not very good at explaining things, but if you type 'change blindness' into 'youtube.com' there are examples. It is very interesting.
    Indeed.

There's also the fact that the brain "pads out" the minute details of your visual perception. For example, if you pass by the same garden everyday, and everyday it has the same tree, then your brain stops relying on your eyes to perceive this tree, it merely fills it in for you from memory. But then one day you walk past and the tree has been cut down, but since your brain is still relying on memory to fill in the tree, and not visual cues, then you perceive the tree as still being there.

Of course we're talking about "out of the corner of your eye" here. If you were a regular admirer of the tree, you'd probably notice.

ReputationRep:

Aye folks, go onto youtube and hunt for the Derren Brown videos where he asks people on the street for directions. Then somebody walks past holding a massive sheet of something, and the person who asked for directions and the person being asked are separated for a few moments. While they are separated, the person who asked for directions swaps places with somebody completely different. But when they are re-united after the guy walking past with the sheet goes by, the person doesn't notice that they are speaking with somebody entirely different.

And the changes are radical. For example, in one scene, Derren initially asks for directions, but then is replaced by a much taller BLACK man, and the person doesn't notice this complete change in person lol.

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p1aEqBaK3aM

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, iv seen that, its brilliant but also quite scary how our visual perception doesn't notice things. Its especially worrying when I drive!!!!

Although I would love to do something similar to that, this miniproject isnt quite that important. Do u have any other 'easier', but still interesting ideas??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2008

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.