anyone else hate physical geography a-level?

Watch
t0897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It feels like biology in terms of memorisation and it's so boring to learn!
Human geography is much more interesting for me.
EllyT:)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No definitely not, I’m completely the opposite, so much so I think I’m gonna do physical geography degree! It’s down to individuals though, there are a couple people in my class that prefer the human side of things but it probably also helps that I’m doing A level biology!
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by t0897)
It feels like biology in terms of memorisation and it's so boring to learn!
Human geography is much more interesting for me.
I'm going on to a Geography BA in September but I used to think this at first too. I deffo prefer Human Geography but I always find the last one or two enquiry questions of Physical Geography topics to be just as interesting because of the overarching ideas of the impact of physical processes on people and how these issues are being solved.

Perhaps its because I didn't take a science A-Level or just don't feel as strongly about understanding the physical processes in Geography but I always find the start of each Physical topic the hardest to learn but always the most rewarding when I finally understand it so I guess that's why I don't hate hate the topics. I totally get why you would prefer Human Geography tho, for me its deffo because I find it easier to understand it and form opinions on it because of how it can be contextualised by what we see around us; meanwhile, Physical Geography it's not every day you see a volcano or earthquake or whatever so it feels less relevant and more like a chore to learn about.

Thats just my opinion tho so...yeah
t0897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by EllyT:))
No definitely not, I’m completely the opposite, so much so I think I’m gonna do physical geography degree! It’s down to individuals though, there are a couple people in my class that prefer the human side of things but it probably also helps that I’m doing A level biology!
I do alevel biology too, sad to say but I hate both equally. I think I need to build my confidence and learn the content more efficiently to enjoy it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads