Double standards in rejection

Watch
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Male rejects a female because of her weight = Shallow

Female rejects male because of his skin colour, hair type, facial features, height and even weight = NOT shallow
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course it's shallow
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I personally don’t think either are shallow, if I’m not attracted to you based on the way you look it’s unlikely I’m going to want to take the relationship further. As much as people hate to admit it, physical attraction is generally the first thing you notice in someone. I’m personally not over weight and am not attracted to over weight people it’s that simple, everyone has a preference.
2B_or_not_2B
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)

Female rejects male because of his skin colour, hair type, facial features, height and even weight = NOT shallow
i would just like to point out that rejecting some on the basis of there skin colour is not shallow, thats racism.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No double standard in rejection.
Nobody is entitled to a date, hookup or friendship.
Everyone has the right to reject sexual overtures or social invitations for any reason they want.
It is not shallow to turn down the chatup/sexual overtures of an individual that does not meet attraction dealbreakers or relationship preferences.
CountBread
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really, I mean, I think both cases are considered shallow if it's just the looks that bother you.

On the other hand, if you've no chemistry and don't find them physically attractive, it doesn't matter whether it's shallow. There's nothing to do about it, you can't force yourself to like people.
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 2B_or_not_2B)
i would just like to point out that rejecting some on the basis of there skin colour is not shallow, thats racism.
As a “person of colour” myself, it wouldn’t bother me if they rejected me on my skin colour. I can see people some people would take it personally and I don’t think it’s racist because it’s just pretences.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I don't think these are 'shallow', superficial maybe, but physical attraction is like that and you can't judge genders by this. Men may not judge female races for example as much (according to you, i think they defo do) because they fetishise them more.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)

Is there a point to your latest diatribe...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (31)
15.82%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31.63%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.73%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.16%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (50)
25.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.53%

Watched Threads