Shy oreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am doing aqa higher paper for chemistry. I need help and advice as I hate chemistry. I’m not very good at it.
Could someone please give me some advice?
And all the formulas I need to remember
Thanks.
Carm15796
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shy oreo)
I am doing aqa higher paper for chemistry. I need help and advice as I hate chemistry. I’m not very good at it.
Thanks.
Try looking at your topic list/specification and highlighting your weakest topics. Then go on youtube - freesciencelessons and find the video on that topic (it may be more than one). Watch the video and make notes. Then go online and find some past paper questions or practice questions. Do these with the knowledge you've just learnt from the video, then correct it using the mark scheme. You'll quickly get the hang of what the mark scheme wants, and you'll see patterns emerge - most questions on the topic will have a similar mark scheme. Do this for every topic you are really unsure of. For topic you know better, you can just watch the video to refresh knowledge.
For equations, flashcards are best! Either write out physical ones, or get the app 'quizlet' and make them on there - it helps because you can have them on you at all times and practice everywhere when you have some extra time.
Shy oreo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carm15796)
Try looking at your topic list/specification and highlighting your weakest topics. Then go on youtube - freesciencelessons and find the video on that topic (it may be more than one). Watch the video and make notes. Then go online and find some past paper questions or practice questions. Do these with the knowledge you've just learnt from the video, then correct it using the mark scheme. You'll quickly get the hang of what the mark scheme wants, and you'll see patterns emerge - most questions on the topic will have a similar mark scheme. Do this for every topic you are really unsure of. For topic you know better, you can just watch the video to refresh knowledge.
For equations, flashcards are best! Either write out physical ones, or get the app 'quizlet' and make them on there - it helps because you can have them on you at all times and practice everywhere when you have some extra time.
OMGG THANK YOU SOO MUCHH!!!
This is so so helpful!! I’m definitely gonna feel confident for the test after that revision. God bless you !
medsock
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
After you've done all the core revision - PMT has a lot of really good resources for GCSE (pre made notes, mind maps, flashcards, questions and answers) for each topic of your spec

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...sion/gcse-aqa/

^Copy paste that in it'll take you to the website and you can navigate from there )
Hope that helps!
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
try looking on
https://www.science-revision.co.uk/
it covers all the gcse chemistry and it has practice questions with answers
Shy oreo
Rep:
?
Update: I’ve done my chemistry mock.
It was really hard.
And also I got my biology grade back. I got 23/70 😬. Which is a grade 4 (pass).
But I have one year to improve and aim for a 6 in science. Thanks for the advice. Because that will help me improve
t0897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks.
I changed the names of my friends on snapchat and group chats to equations for chemistry and physics equations
t0897
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Update: I’ve done my chemistry mock.
It was really hard.
And also I got my biology grade back. I got 23/70 😬. Which is a grade 4 (pass).
But I have one year to improve and aim for a 6 in science. Thanks for the advice. Because that will help me improve
people in my class got around the same when I did my mocks and ended up getting 7s in the real thing, so you can definitely do it!
the physicsandmathstutor website helped me jump like 3 grades
Shy oreo
Rep:
?
(Original post by t0897)
people in my class got around the same when I did my mocks and ended up getting 7s in the real thing, so you can definitely do it!
the physicsandmathstutor website helped me jump like 3 grades
omgg tyy. That boosted my confidence.
So I’ve found loads of helpful websites AFTER I done all my science exams. I wish I knew them all before. But now for the summer holidays I’m going to revise and mainly focus on science, because that’s my weakest subject. I really want to pass the actual gcse, so I need to put a lot of effort in. I also need to stay very motivated. So thank you <3
t0897
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
omgg tyy. That boosted my confidence.
So I’ve found loads of helpful websites AFTER I done all my science exams. I wish I knew them all before. But now for the summer holidays I’m going to revise and mainly focus on science, because that’s my weakest subject. I really want to pass the actual gcse, so I need to put a lot of effort in. I also need to stay very motivated. So thank you <3
good luckkk I have to do the same thing for alevels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (56)
22.58%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.31%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.95%

Watched Threads