how to organise gas and electricity for second year house

Watch
Lj245
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone give advice/experience of how I should try and organise gas and electricity
Lj245
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lj245)
Can anyone give advice/experience of how I should try and organise gas and electricity
and also any recommended companies for student deals
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lj245)
Hi! Lj245

There should be companies in your area that offer student packages for this to include all bills. So you pay one lump sum each month and get capped at a certain amount and if you go over this amount you pay extra. But usually, these are enough and you should not go over.
Usually, your university housing team should know about these, so definitely contact them and ask for details about utility bills for students in the area.

Or if you do decide to pay as you go with bills, as it might work out cheaper. Then split it equally between the people in your house.
A really good app for splitting bills and household items is an app called "Splitwise" and it splits it all equally for you. So you can split things like loo roll and cleaning stuff. You can add it all up so you don't have to pay each other until a certain amount. Me and my housemates always said when it gets t £10.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (19)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (34)
30.09%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.42%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
24.78%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.77%

Watched Threads