helpplease346
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
http://prntscr.com/16c6q74
I know you need to use suvat.
s=? u=0 v=? a=? t=?
I am confused because of this ^ . I just need those values please help. Just suvat values.
pwk123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by helpplease346)
s=? u=0 v=? a=? t=?
I am confused because of this ^ . I just need those values please help. Just suvat values.
s = ?
u = 0
v = t(1-t^2)
a = ?
t = t
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
s=? u=0 v=? a=? t=?
suvat only applies where you have constant acceleration, implying velocity is a linear function of time; this is not the case here.

You have v as a function of t and just need to find its maximum value. This is no different to having y as a function of x, and needing to find the max value of y; which I would presume you're covered.
Last edited by ghostwalker; 1 month ago
helpplease346
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghostwalker)
suvat only applies where you have constant acceleration, implying velocity is a linear function of time; this is not the case here.

You have v as a function of t and just need to find its maximum value. This is no different to having y as a function of x, and needing to find the max value of y; which I would presume you're covered.
Is this chapter 11 on the maths edexcel stats and mechanics textbook. (Variable functions of time ) is the title of it. If it is I have not learned that topic. Please can you show the working out the.
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
Is this chapter 11 on the maths edexcel stats and mechanics textbook. (Variable functions of time ) is the title of it. If it is I have not learned that topic. Please can you show the working out the.
I've don't have the book, so no idea if it's that chapter. But if you've not yet covered the material, then it's not a good idea to attempt the question.

Also fully worked solutions are against the forum rules - see sticky thread at top of forum.
helpplease346
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghostwalker)
I've don't have the book, so no idea if it's that chapter. But if you've not yet covered the material, then it's not a good idea to attempt the question.

Also fully worked solutions are against the forum rules - see sticky thread at top of forum.
Ok thanks you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
15.79%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (60)
31.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (22)
11.58%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (10)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (49)
25.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise