Fast ADHD diagnosis???

Watch
hollyrob123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really struggling with symptoms of adhd and have been all of my life. My parents never really knew what it was so didn’t think to get medical advice etc until I brought it up recently. My GP said that she can’t diagnose me but she’s pretty certain I have it. Apparently to get a proper diagnosis I need to wait up to 2 years on NHS. Is there another way for a diagnosis such as through my college or an external mental health place? Thanks )
KaptainCliff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could pay to be seen privately. I presume there will be some testing before a formal diagnosis is conferred.

Why do you need the diagnosis (if that indeed is what you have)?
hollyrob123
Rep:
?
(Original post by KaptainCliff)
You could pay to be seen privately. I presume there will be some testing before a formal diagnosis is conferred.

Why do you need the diagnosis (if that indeed is what you have)?
I have been thinking about going privately as it seems the fastest way. I want the diagnosis for a few reasons, mainly as it’s getting in the way of college work and also because it would help guide me in what to do in order to have it more under control eg meds or therapy etc. It’s just getting in the way of day to day life and I feel as though a diagnosis would be a step in the right direction
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Pay for a private consultation and diagnosis. Expensive, but much quicker.
Turning_A_Corner
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can get a private diagnosis but you then need to pay additional fees for medication management and therapy. It’s not a case that you get the diagnosis privately and then your GP writes you a prescription. You may still find yourself waiting.
hollyrob123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Pay for a private consultation and diagnosis. Expensive, but much quicker.
Yeah thanks, I think that’s what i’m going to have to do
hollyrob123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Turning_A_Corner)
You can get a private diagnosis but you then need to pay additional fees for medication management and therapy. It’s not a case that you get the diagnosis privately and then your GP writes you a prescription. You may still find yourself waiting.
Yeah, even if I have to wait I’m sure going privately would still be a lot faster than waiting for the nhs. Thanks for the help )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
28.06%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.63%
No I am happy with my choice (78)
56.12%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.19%

Watched Threads