Period related - confusing. How do I know the dates?

Watch
M-2345638393838
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
CW : Too much Information! Be advised .

So I have an app that helps track my period…. I just don’t know how to measure accurately when my period ends… it’s easy to mark the day it starts… but when it ends it’s so confusing. So my periods are usually short, I don’t think they pass the 4th day, but I can’t be sure either. So what is confusing is when it is near ending like on the third day and then the bleeding stops for many many hours then it bleeds again. It always happens. Today I thought it was over when I got a brown discharge and i thought it means the period is ending or already ended. But then I got intense cramps that are making me go literally crazy, and the bleeding started again. I am currently going through those cramps… but this time it’s quite different than every other time. I usually always get bleeding after none bleeding period of times, but with no cramps. It could be that I also masturbated ( don’t judge me okay lol, my hormones are all crazy ) I’ve heard that masturbation makes cramps worse. But every other time I’ve masturbated nothing happened still. But the cramps are not my concerns, it’s just how do I mark when my period finishes. It’s confusing. I never get it right and my period app can’t predict accurately if I can’t sign off the exact dates either. I’ve marked today as the last day of period. Help?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mark it when you stop bleeding. If the app just isnt working for you, you could get something like a calendar or planner and mark that instead where its a bit more personalized to you. It doesnt have to be a start/stop, instead you can write down what you're experiencing etc each day that you're on it.

Paracetamol and a hot water bottle can help with the cramps if you havent already tried that and having a heavier or lighter flow each day is normal. Though of course if you're concerned ( which it sounds like you are ), you should be speaking to your doctor.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M-2345638393838)
CW : Too much Information! Be advised .

So I have an app that helps track my period…. I just don’t know how to measure accurately when my period ends… it’s easy to mark the day it starts… but when it ends it’s so confusing. So my periods are usually short, I don’t think they pass the 4th day, but I can’t be sure either. So what is confusing is when it is near ending like on the third day and then the bleeding stops for many many hours then it bleeds again. It always happens. Today I thought it was over when I got a brown discharge and i thought it means the period is ending or already ended. But then I got intense cramps that are making me go literally crazy, and the bleeding started again. I am currently going through those cramps… but this time it’s quite different than every other time. I usually always get bleeding after none bleeding period of times, but with no cramps. It could be that I also masturbated ( don’t judge me okay lol, my hormones are all crazy ) I’ve heard that masturbation makes cramps worse. But every other time I’ve masturbated nothing happened still. But the cramps are not my concerns, it’s just how do I mark when my period finishes. It’s confusing. I never get it right and my period app can’t predict accurately if I can’t sign off the exact dates either. I’ve marked today as the last day of period. Help?
Bumping this for you.
M-2345638393838
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Bumping this for you.
What??
M-2345638393838
Rep:
?
(Original post by Foxehh)
Mark it when you stop bleeding. If the app just isnt working for you, you could get something like a calendar or planner and mark that instead where its a bit more personalized to you. It doesnt have to be a start/stop, instead you can write down what you're experiencing etc each day that you're on it.

Paracetamol and a hot water bottle can help with the cramps if you havent already tried that and having a heavier or lighter flow each day is normal. Though of course if you're concerned ( which it sounds like you are ), you should be speaking to your doctor.
Thank you ❤️

I am more concerned about marking it on a calendar, I got this app to help me manage my period so I have less accidents and less dirty pants when period is unexpected. I also thought of making my own personal Calendar but it just might take a lot more time.
Last edited by M-2345638393838; 1 month ago
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What??
I was commenting to generate traffic so other people on tsr can see the thread and help you.
M-2345638393838
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I was commenting to generate traffic so other people on tsr can see the thread and help you.
Oh wow! That’s so thoughtful of you 🥺💕💕 thank you sm!
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you ❤️

I am more concerned about marking it on a calendar, I got this app to help me manage my period so I have less accidents and less dirty pants when period is unexpected. I also thought of making my own personal Calendar but it just might take a lot more time.
Im not sure why it'd take a whole lot of extra time, all you'd need to do is buy a planner and write a few lines down before you go to bed each night.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you ❤️

If you've been using the app for some time, then you would see the pattern of when your period begins, and that's what you need to be looking at; your menstrual cycle is counted by how many days it is between the start of each period, not the end. It's not unusually for each period to ease up in the middle, sometimes a lot, then for bleeding to restart.

It's not that difficult writing on a calendar for this and can do the same; track the start of each period. Once you know your cycle, you can write a reminder a few days before you are due and watch out for any other symptoms, such as a headache or cramps. If you aren't that regular, use liners or thin towels when you think you might be due.
M-2345638393838
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
If you've been using the app for some time, then you would see the pattern of when your period begins, and that's what you need to be looking at; your menstrual cycle is counted by how many days it is between the start of each period, not the end. It's not unusually for each period to ease up in the middle, sometimes a lot, then for bleeding to restart.

It's not that difficult writing on a calendar for this and can do the same; track the start of each period. Once you know your cycle, you can write a reminder a few days before you are due and watch out for any other symptoms, such as a headache or cramps. If you aren't that regular, use liners or thin towels when you think you might be due.
Oh wow thank you so much! This is super useful 💕💕 love your suggestions and advises!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads