Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 19 turning 20 soon, I still live at home still go to college still reliant on parents. Im completely aware that’s not the worst but I feel like I need to change as people my age are doing better than me I’m just worried by the time I'm doing better everyone else will still be ahead of me. I don’t have the money to move out but I'm going to go college maybe 1 more year and get a better job then save for a mortgage. Im currently saving up for a car for when I pass my test, I couldn't haven't passed yet due to covid delaying tests. I shouldn’t be at college at this age, I had an addiction to gta when I was 16 so didn't go college or nothing for a year. I just feel like I should be working full time or be at uni by now. I don't have girlfriend and never have. I don't have much skills either like I can't cook yet, I can't drive and I feel like all I have is a crush on women.

I just want sort myself out but worry I will be too slow. I go to college which I hate and have a small job which Id rather not say but it’s not enough to get me house.
My lifestyle is like is like my little nephews and he's only 15. If I could move out I would literally do it like that but its not that simple. Just want to be able to change immediately but it's not that simple. Moving out is expensive like, rent or mortgage or buying the property, water, electricity, gas, fuel for a car, mot, tax and I heard about council tax on a house you have to pay which is expensive.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look 19 is still young and there is no "correct" timeline or age to do things op
You are well on your way to becoming independent soon
So just focus on giving it your all this next year!
M-2345638393838
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am in the same boat as you. You’re not alone 💘💘
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Look 19 is still young and there is no "correct" timeline or age to do things op
You are well on your way to becoming independent soon
So just focus on giving it your all this next year!
I'm 20 soon though

(Original post by M-2345638393838)
I am in the same boat as you. You’re not alone 💘💘
Age ?
M-2345638393838
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Age ?
18 going 19 in august
SkanPad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 19 turning 20 soon, I still live at home still go to college still reliant on parents. Im completely aware that’s not the worst but I feel like I need to change as people my age are doing better than me I’m just worried by the time I'm doing better everyone else will still be ahead of me. I don’t have the money to move out but I'm going to go college maybe 1 more year and get a better job then save for a mortgage. Im currently saving up for a car for when I pass my test, I couldn't haven't passed yet due to covid delaying tests. I shouldn’t be at college at this age, I had an addiction to gta when I was 16 so didn't go college or nothing for a year. I just feel like I should be working full time or be at uni by now. I don't have girlfriend and never have. I don't have much skills either like I can't cook yet, I can't drive and I feel like all I have is a crush on women.

I just want sort myself out but worry I will be too slow. I go to college which I hate and have a small job which Id rather not say but it’s not enough to get me house.
My lifestyle is like is like my little nephews and he's only 15. If I could move out I would literally do it like that but its not that simple. Just want to be able to change immediately but it's not that simple. Moving out is expensive like, rent or mortgage or buying the property, water, electricity, gas, fuel for a car, mot, tax and I heard about council tax on a house you have to pay which is expensive.
Jesus. You're 19. You'll be 20 and go to university. Post-university (24ish), you'll have a graduate job that pays £25k (roughly) and then you'll work your way up the career ladder.

I can assure you, you're not buying a house anytime soon but you can rent once you have a job that pays you more than a pittance that you do part-time with college.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SkanPad)
Jesus. You're 19. You'll be 20 and go to university. Post-university (24ish), you'll have a graduate job that pays £25k (roughly) and then you'll work your way up the career ladder.

I can assure you, you're not buying a house anytime soon but you can rent once you have a job that pays you more than a pittance that you do part-time with college.
I'm not even going university
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M-2345638393838)
18 going 19 in august
Nice
WazzWazz98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But in a year's time you'll be better qualified at leas after finishing your current course
So you're almost there tbh
Anonymous #1
But in a year's time you'll be better qualified at leas after finishing your current course
So you're almost there tbh
Hopefully, I think my main focus is driving atm
SkanPad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then I hope you are studying a good trade at college.

Perhaps, you could get a girlfriend or learn to cook, if you applied yourself in life. By applying yourself, you'll succeed. Or not, sounds like you enjoy complaining rather than making sure you succeed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SkanPad)
Then I hope you are studying a good trade at college.

Perhaps, you could get a girlfriend or learn to cook, if you applied yourself in life. By applying yourself, you'll succeed. Or not, sounds like you enjoy complaining rather than making sure you succeed.
Stop being rude
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
it's okay, my brother is still dependent on my parents and lives with us and he's 23. There's nothing wrong with it.
thomasdoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your good lives is hard
Anonymous #1
it's okay, my brother is still dependent on my parents and lives with us and he's 23. There's nothing wrong with it.
Does he work, drive, study etc?

(Original post by thomasdoe)
your good lives is hard
??
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Does he work, drive, study etc?

??
yeah he works at mcdonalds and does drive (he doesn't have his own car though, he uses my dad's car).
2B_or_not_2B
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ASAP

why did you want me to reply with this?
WazzWazz98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully, I think my main focus is driving
Sounds good to me!
Anonymous #1
Sounds good to me!
I know, I think I need to be more positive with it because I'm doing well with it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2B_or_not_2B)
ASAP

why did you want me to reply with this?
I didnt tag you individually

yeah he works at mcdonalds and does drive (he doesn't have his own car though, he uses my dad's car).
Hes doing good then, he's young just doing a starter job and he can put it on his cv.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads