Should I just drop out of sixth form?

Watch
hill.lily
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I'm finishing year 12 and am failing one of my A Levels; there are little topic tests every week and (supposedly) an exam in September before predicted grades are sent off to university. However, I just can't do maths, it used to be my favourite subject and now I just want to cry when i think of it. My other two A Levels are going okay (I hope) but i need 3 to get into university. I haven't got any life plans except going to uni but im failing and dont think i could get in anywhere I want with an AAU-BBU. Genuinely don't know what to do and sometimes just want to stop going to school at all. Should I?
therealgabb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hill.lily)
So, I'm finishing year 12 and am failing one of my A Levels; there are little topic tests every week and (supposedly) an exam in September before predicted grades are sent off to university. However, I just can't do maths, it used to be my favourite subject and now I just want to cry when i think of it. My other two A Levels are going okay (I hope) but i need 3 to get into university. I haven't got any life plans except going to uni but im failing and dont think i could get in anywhere I want with an AAU-BBU. Genuinely don't know what to do and sometimes just want to stop going to school at all. Should I?
hi, you’re evidently a capable student, as seen with the grades for your other subjects. I’m almost in the same predicament, but I wouldn’t recommend dropping out unless it is really taking a toll on your mental health and life in general. we have to remember that this is still early days. if I were you, I’d look into getting an academic tutor (if you can), speaking and confiding in your maths teacher and sixth form/college tutor to see how they can help you and trying your best to do some work and revision over the summer in preparation for the September exam. there is also something called a ‘foundation year’ — so you could also look into that if you genuinely feel like there is no solution.
Last edited by therealgabb; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads