Online dating is getting me down

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been using online dating sites like Tinder and Bumble for a month and find my MH has dropped and feel like I’m ugly and no one likes me, all the matches I’ve had stop replying, and I’ve met no one. Any advice? Should I quit?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been using online dating sites like Tinder and Bumble for a month and find my MH has dropped and feel like I’m ugly and no one likes me, all the matches I’ve had stop replying, and I’ve met no one. Any advice? Should I quit?
If something is making you miserable and not adding any tangible benefit to your life either, then yes you should quit.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
4 weeks is nothing really. However if you are taking it as personal rejection and it is affecting your MH, then you need to take a step away from it for a while.
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2B_or_not_2B)
TInder isnt for people who look like a cross between shrek and bob the builder .
I look like a cross between Shrek and Bob the Builder and I got several matches within a week?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you're male then yes, you should pretty much definitely quit online dating. Otherwise, I dunno, somebody else will have a more adequate answer to your questions.
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2B_or_not_2B)
of course you did.
I had sex with taylor swift last night...
Cool was it with this acc or the other 500 you have made?
2B_or_not_2B
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
Cool was it with this acc or the other 500 you have made?
what are you talking about ?

lay off the drugs....
DebbbJa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
All I can say is that Tinder has a high demands about a photo so you could have matches. That's why if you already have some matches, so I can guesse you definitely don't look like a frog :rolleyes: I wouldn't be so desperate. There are so many other services that have less requirements and thereby more chances for a match. Try visiting best legit hookup sites, I'm sure you'll succeed there. Anyway, don't be upset about the online stuff. Only real interaction matters. Good luck.
Last edited by DebbbJa; 2 weeks ago
DebbbJa
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
我觉得网恋者都关注容貌,身材什么的。 性格没有那么重要。
It's because a structure of almost all dating apps is the same. It is primary based on a photo, then on figure and appearance features.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Try eHarmony. Seems to be the best one I've tried in terms of matching.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, just quit mate, it ain't worth all this ****. You can meet people in real life just like humanity has done for thousands of years anyway.
DebbbJa
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yeah, just quit mate, it ain't worth all this ****. You can meet people in real life just like humanity has done for thousands of years anyway.
Some people just can't do this. Nowadays, with all gadgets we own, ppl've forgotten how to get acquainted, communicate in the real world. The huge part of the population lives in digital reality. They hide behind their gadgets.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
47.37%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
10.53%
No I am happy with my choice (8)
42.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads