The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well if I see someone close to me cry then it makes me feel a bit emotional.
If its family, then yes probably because I know the reason.

If it's someone random, then no. In fact it kinda makes me laugh :s-smilie:
Misteryom
I can't help but cry myself, even when it's someone I don't know.
It's a bit lame but I think it's quite nice really.
Does anyone else do it?
x

What is nice about it? If everyone was like you, one person crying would flood the country every hour because of a chain reaction. Bottle it up, tears might be renewable but I wouldn't go about wasting them.
Reply 4
Indievertigo
What is nice about it? If everyone was like you, one person crying would flood the country every hour because of a chain reaction. Bottle it up, tears might be renewable but I wouldn't go about wasting them.

Fair point! I guess I'll have to try and hold back the tears!
I hate seeing people cry. :frown:
princess_sue
If its family, then yes probably because I know the reason.

If it's someone random, then no. In fact it kinda makes me laugh :s-smilie:

haha! Same here! And also even if its someone I know, if its for a stupid reason and they're being over-dramatic, i still have trouble not chuckling :o:
Reply 7
That's okay! I thougght when I clicked on the thread you were going to say you laugh or something....but yeah, wanting to cry is fine. That's just empathic of you. :smile:
Reply 8
I'm the same. I don't cry each time I see someone else cry, but I feel I want to.
Reply 9
My eyes water alot whenever I see a friend cry.
Yeah, I feel really upset if I see someone else crying, especially if they're close to me - and I usually end up sobbing more than they are!
Nothing wrong with having empathy for others, though :smile:
Reply 11
I always cry if anybody in my family does (or my very close friends). It's like I would rather cry then them.
Misteryom
Does anyone else do it?
x

aww your cute >.<

ill only cry if its a friend/family member
xxx

:p:
I feel really sad when I see other people cry... =/

Interestingly enough, though, I generally seem to get sadder if I see men crying than if I see women crying.
Glorious Lozhka
I feel really sad when I see other people cry... =/

Interestingly enough, though, I generally seem to get sadder if I see men crying than if I see women crying.

probably because the stereotypical man will hold in his emotion and appear strong so it's something really terrible when he does cry. Whereas a stereotypical woman such as myself will cry at the slightest thing, especially at certain times of the month :p:
If i don't know them very well then i feel really awkward, im not really a person who can rush up to anyone and give them a hug.
i usually just think 'oh, that's a shame'. but, of course, it depends on what they're crying about.
Reply 17
post-PMS, yes.
however, most of the time it makes me smile. this is terribly embarassing at funerals. i am a terrible person, but i have a promising career ahead of me in schadenfreude
Misteryom
Does anyone else do it?
x

Do you actually help them? or do you just sit next to them in the corner and cry??
HerRoyalHighness
im not really a person who can rush up to anyone and give them a hug.

What kind of woman are you?! I refuse to believe this!

Latest

Trending

Trending