My theory runs out in 2 months

Watch
Taylor22x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My theory test runs out in 2 months, and I am so close to passing my practical driving test. I failed my last one recently due to another driver. However dvsa won't let me book a test before then. I wanted to get one booked and use an app to find a cancellation within the next month or 2. I'm worried I'll have to rebook my theory test again, which I want to avoid due to financial reasons, and because I still have 2 months.

Do you think I'll have to rebook my theory test, or is there a way around it?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll have to rebook it unless you can get a last minute cancellation for the practical, yes.
TheDE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Taylor22x)
My theory test runs out in 2 months, and I am so close to passing my practical driving test. I failed my last one recently due to another driver. However dvsa won't let me book a test before then. I wanted to get one booked and use an app to find a cancellation within the next month or 2. I'm worried I'll have to rebook my theory test again, which I want to avoid due to financial reasons, and because I still have 2 months.

Do you think I'll have to rebook my theory test, or is there a way around it?
How on earth did you fail due to another driver, were you not driving the car?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll need to redo the Theory I suspect, getting a new test within 4-8 weeks sounds extremely optimistic just now :/
amber0321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, it’s quite unlikely you’ll be able to get one booked, it is possible, but finding a cancellation might be difficult. I only booked my test recently for a local test centre & managed to get a late September date, but I used the app Testi (paid so I could get notifications) and managed to get an early July date.

It’s definitely unlikely, but it isn’t completely impossible, so you might be best preparing to do theory again Hopefully you’re able to get one though!
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One thing to remember about hunting cancellations is that you're often counting on your instructor/car also being available for that slot and by the time you get them to confirm you might have missed an opportunity (Happened to me maybe 4-5 times)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.85%
Uncertainty around my education (93)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (84)
10.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.68%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.49%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (90)
10.98%
Financial worries (57)
6.95%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (38)
4.63%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.05%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (79)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
7.93%

Watched Threads