Coasts exam question need help. A level geography edexcel.

Watch
Kookoovwa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Explain the role of sediment transport in creating distinctive landforms (8)
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I finished Year 13 Geography a few weeks ago and one of my exam questions was very similar to this so (hopefully) this is useful:crossedf:. I'm also going on to do Geography at University.

For an 8 mark question, I usually break it down into 3 paragraphs or sometimes 2 if you go into more detail about your points.

For sediment transport, it'd be best to focus on actual transportation/ movement types - such as solution, traction, saltation and suspension, etc - and just incorporate them into describing the formation of a distinctive depositional landform (an erosional landform could work but would be trickier).

I'd deffo do a paragraph on spits (depositional) and talk about longshore drift and prevailing wind dictating the sediment transportation direction. Always make sure you use key geographical terms like them.

Sand dunes could be another great paragraph since this occurs on a swash-aligned beach so it contrasts the last one. However, any other depositional landform could do, or even talk about sediment transportation my waves after a cliff has collapsed and therefore enabling cliff retreat and a shoreline platform. For this question, anything really goes, just make sure to include located examples!!!

Hope this helps!
Last edited by SneezyPanda; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads