The Student Room Group

Is car sharing allowed?

I'm a bit confused, I was told it isn't then told it is and then getting told it isn't again. I'm confused. The government sister says it isn't I think but I was told its not upto dat but then I'm told it is and driving lessons are happening so I'm not sure if personal car sharing is allowed as I'm getting told different things. I've had to cancel a plan I had to see my friends new*car*which I planned weeks ago and go for a nice long drive with him in it which I have been waiting for since last year because*car*sharing*has been allowed since restrictions started. I was so excited to go out with my friend. I haven't seen my friend for a long time and now I will have to wait another month. I'm not sure if I can actually go out now. So confused.
Reply 1
I don't believe in LAW there is anything stopping you from car-sharing, bar restrictions on gatherings. The beneath is merely the government's guidance.

Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers - Department for Transport
Accurate as of posting.

Car sharing
There are guidelines for travelling in taxis and private hire vehicles.

When car sharing, you should only travel in groups of no more than 6 people, or 2 households, unless you are travelling for a reason that is exempt.

You can protect yourself and those you are sharing a car with by:

sharing the car with the same people each time and, where possible, only with members of your household or support bubble

minimising the group size at any one time

opening windows for ventilation

travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow

facing away from each other

considering seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle

cleaning your car between journeys using standard cleaning products make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch

asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending