Aliceejohnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm at the end of year 12 and just got my a level fine art mock grade back. I got an a and am predicted an a-a* but I'm planning on applying to Oxford and Edinburgh for fine art this year so I sort of need an a* to have a chance. Is it normal for year 12 fine art students to be a grade lower than what they want?
Charl1313
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I take a level art and design but i presume its quite similar, to get an a* your sketchbook work has to be consistently outstanding and constantly backing up bigger pieces you do, your sketchbook has to flow like its a journey of your learnings, like exploring textures, lines etc. This is what my art teacher said to me, it didn't make sense at first but when i compared my sketchbook (an a) to an a* though we both had good work theirs just looked like it flowed, like it really was a journey of her learning through her experiences. That's when it kind of clicked what I needed to do to improve just that little bit more. But yes i was getting a's in year 12, but the more I understood the course. the better i got. Then pushed my grade up to an a* in year 13, its definitely possible when you really think about why your doing what your doing it, showing your passion in your work, and of course hard work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads