Am I just overreacting?

Watch this thread
Imperialist
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So today I found out that I am not doing triple science even though I do great in science and I am sort of having a panic as I want to be a aerospace engineer and I feel like this will effect what I want to do in the future. My biology teacher said I do great and that she believes I can be in triple although my other teachers have not said anything. This has really stressed me out as I really wanted to do triple and feel a little betrayed by my other science teachers.
username5444612
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Imperialist)
So today I found out that I am not doing triple science even though I do great in science and I am sort of having a panic as I want to be a aerospace engineer and I feel like this will effect what I want to do in the future. My biology teacher said I do great and that she believes I can be in triple although my other teachers have not said anything. This has really stressed me out as I really wanted to do triple and feel a little betrayed by my other science teachers.
Honestly, doing triple or combined science GCSE doesn't matter if you want to do aerospace engineering and will not affect your future. Just make sure you do good in your science GCSEs and get a grade high enough to be able to study physics at a level. Your A levels grades and choices are way more important than your GCSEs if you want to do aerospace engineering (or any degree)
telkov
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Don't worry, this won't affect your uni/career choices at all. For choosing science A-levels, to my knowledge sixth forms do not care about whether you did triple or combined. It's more about the grades you actually achieved. And universities certainly won't care so long as you get the appropriate grades in the appropriate A-level subjects. Plenty of people in my science classes did combined science GSCE. The ONLY disadvantage you may have is that some of the A-level content may be less familiar since triple science covers more/harder content. Even then, it'll be such a small difference.
lizloe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hmm well that's annoying but I don't think it's too bad. I think I wanna do Biochemistry in uni and am taking Biology and Chemistry, and I didn't take triple science. I do agree with someone who commented, there are some stuff you would learn with triple but not with combined, but you will probs learn or go over it in Alevels, and if anything you could probs self teach yourself at home.

DEFO talk to your teacher and if anything ask a parent to call/go into school as ask them/talk to them. But if anything, combined science is still good if the worst happens and you can't take triple.
Prove to the other teachers you are capable of taking triple! Maybe even email them all yourself, but be polite if you do so, and make sure you show you truly enjoy the subjects and is motivated to do it and succeed and improve.
JosephJ1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Dw this literally happened to me but in my school to study any of the sciences at A-level you need 7-7 for higher combined or a 7 for triple science. I feel like combined science is still the better one cause its easier and the test is how you did overall so if you did crap in eg physics and good in chem and bio , it's going to equal it out. Look at these grade boundaries for the Aqa board. You just need the get that certain number of marks for 9-9. Your dream is definitely achievable with or without triple science so there's nothing wrong about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (62)
65.96%
No (25)
26.6%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.45%

Watched Threads