Hello, I am a physiotherapist in india. I would like to pursue my master in uk.

Watch
Foram shah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Anyone please tell me which one I would go for msc clinical exercise physiology or msc physiotherapy? have also stucked among universities. Which would be better for physiotherapy 1 year course?
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Foram shah)
Anyone please tell me which one I would go for msc clinical exercise physiology or msc physiotherapy? have also stucked among universities. Which would be better for physiotherapy 1 year course?
Hi Foram shah,

Thank you for your message.

MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology provides you the opportunity to carry out research. It focuses on using the scientific rationale to design, implement and supervise exercise programming for those with chronic diseases, conditions and/or physical shortcomings to help treat a patient. More often than not, you will get to conduct your own research on an area of your interest.

MSc Physiotherapy also offers the opportunity to undertake research. It essentially helps to build on the knowledge and skills attained from BSc Physiotherapy.

The difference between both is that Physiotherapy takes a more hands-on approach (e.g. assesses, diagnosis, interactive with the patients) whereas Physiology focuses more on the rationale of treatment. Opting for Physiotherapy takes more of an academic approach as it looks into the medical sciences aspect. You can find out more information here to help understand.
Both courses are available for 1 year full-time and 2 years part-time. This also depends on where you choose to study.
However, looking up the courses on the Coventry University website, the courses on available that align with what you're looking for are Advancing Physiotherapy Practice MSc, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy MSc and Physiotherapy and Leadership (pre-registration) MSc (2 years full-time). There are no courses on offer for Clinical Exercise Physiology, there are other universities that offer the course, such as Northumbria University, University of Salford, and Liverpool John Moore's University.

In terms of which course would be better for Physiotherapy will depend on what you're hoping to achieve in your career and what you want to get out of the course. Hopefully, this information will provide some insight.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Foram shah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hi Foram shah,

Thank you for your message.

MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology provides you the opportunity to carry out research. It focuses on using the scientific rationale to design, implement and supervise exercise programming for those with chronic diseases, conditions and/or physical shortcomings to help treat a patient. More often than not, you will get to conduct your own research on an area of your interest.

MSc Physiotherapy also offers the opportunity to undertake research. It essentially helps to build on the knowledge and skills attained from BSc Physiotherapy.

The difference between both is that Physiotherapy takes a more hands-on approach (e.g. assesses, diagnosis, interactive with the patients) whereas Physiology focuses more on the rationale of treatment. Opting for Physiotherapy takes more of an academic approach as it looks into the medical sciences aspect. You can find out more information here to help understand.
Both courses are available for 1 year full-time and 2 years part-time. This also depends on where you choose to study.
However, looking up the courses on the Coventry University website, the courses on available that align with what you're looking for are Advancing Physiotherapy Practice MSc, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy MSc and Physiotherapy and Leadership (pre-registration) MSc (2 years full-time). There are no courses on offer for Clinical Exercise Physiology, there are other universities that offer the course, such as Northumbria University, University of Salford, and Liverpool John Moore's University.

In terms of which course would be better for Physiotherapy will depend on what you're hoping to achieve in your career and what you want to get out of the course. Hopefully, this information will provide some insight.

Veronica
Thank you so much veronica for your outlook about these 2 courses. You make my confusion clear regarding courses. I have found msc clinical exercise physiology course at HULL university and LIVERPOOL HOPE university. Should I go for these universities ?
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much veronica for your outlook about these 2 courses. You make my confusion clear regarding courses. I have found msc clinical exercise physiology course at HULL university and LIVERPOOL HOPE university. Should I go for these universities ?
Hi Foram shah,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Both universities offering MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology look fantastic! It may be best to contact the university or attempt to communicate with the lecturers at these universities to find out more information about these courses so that you get an idea of the course and what it involves. Speaking with the lecturers or attending an open day will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about the university and what the course can offer you that isn't mentioned on the website. This may hugely benefit you if you're unsure which university to go to.
For example, are these courses accreditated - are they recognized by an association such as the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences? The courses on offer, do the assessments fit in line with how you want to be assessed?

I hope this helps!

Veronica
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Foram shah

All the details surrounding our MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology course can be found on our website here - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgra...physiology-msc
including some of the teaching staff who are part of our Sport, Health and Exercise Science department

We offer opportunities to apply the scientific knowledge you learn to real-life settings. We have strong links with the NHS, the City Healthcare Partnership and the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences.

If you have any questions about what it is like to be a student at the University of Hull, we have our ask a student scheme available where you can chat with some of our current students and ask them questions surrounding their experience of studying at the university - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Hope this is helpful, and happy to answer any questions you may have

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (32)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (55)
27.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (38)
18.91%

Watched Threads