Rhys Thomas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know if its possible to get an offer for Medicine with a C in chemistry and biology at AS level
PhantomMercy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rhys Thomas)
Does anyone know if its possible to get an offer for Medicine with a C in chemistry and biology at AS level
I know ecolier is offline at the moment but they know everything there is to know about applying to medicine

In the mean time there are probably plenty of other forums on here that have discussed this!
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In theory, there are no AS requirements for medicine. However, the standard offer for medicine courses is AAA (+), so you'd need some compelling evidence that you could achieve that.
XHannahR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I’m aware, med schools don’t look at AS grades (they use predicted and then achieved A-Level grades)
Rhys Thomas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
In theory, there are no AS requirements for medicine. However, the standard offer for medicine courses is AAA (+), so you'd need some compelling evidence that you could achieve that.
Thank you that's reassuring just have to do really well in the UCAT then
Rhys Thomas
Rep:
?
Thank you that's reassuring just have to do really well in the UCAT then
Thanks
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As said unis won’t look at AS levels, except UCL, Cambridge and Manchester via holistic route which may due to their holistic selection criteria. Do check on websites though just in case there is fine print.

That said though - are you confident you can get AAA now? Or that your school will predict you it with Cs at AS? If you are eligible you could also look at getting a lower offer due to widening access criteria.
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads