Embarrassing situations making my social anxiety worse

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been working on my social anxiety for years and years; sometimes I feel as though SOME progress is being made but then I’m hit with continuously bad interactions that really bring down my self confidence.Today I was paying for something at the store that required ID (I didn’t realise it). For like 10 whole seconds the cashier just stared at me and I felt so dumb when she finally told me that she was waiting for ID. Then, I realised that I hadn’t bought any ID and in my panic, stupidly asked if my debit card would work, to which she said no. I was sweating at this point. She let me off in the end because the item was really small and she told me that I “didn’t look 16 anyways”. Once again, in my panic I misinterpreted this as the compliment variation and mumbled “thank you.” Dead silence. She scanned the item and we went out separate ways.I know that this sounds small but these minor setbacks have the ability to really make me doubt my progress and I don’t know how to deal with it.
shooonthebeat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's really not that deep, don't stress about it too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (69)
22.85%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
44.37%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.25%
I'm really nervous (62)
20.53%

Watched Threads