The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Swear people only come back to this thread when they get close to the top lmao.
Original post by GrandMedic
Swear people only come back to this thread when they get close to the top lmao.

A shame that the thread is so dead when there's loads of people in the league. Just the way things are now I suppose.
Original post by sr90
A shame that the thread is so dead when there's loads of people in the league. Just the way things are now I suppose.

Yeah feels like its a trend across football threads in general.

I guess I can't be talking though since I came back after I saw I'm 2nd lol.
Who won this ? I don’t think I’ll make a return for a few years, not feeling too good.

Also I’d say next year they should advertise this so more people join in.
All 2 pages of another successful TSR FPL league :smile:
Original post by sr90

Yea I'm surprised how dead it was this year (although it was the first time in like a decade I skipped it too).
Original post by Zerforax
Yea I'm surprised how dead it was this year (although it was the first time in like a decade I skipped it too).

Shame as the actual league goes from strength to strength! I just reactivate the league every year so the "regulars" and posters from years gone by will all still be in it. Hopefully next season is a bit better :smile:
Maybe just needs more advertising at the start of the season in the other football threads? A lot of new faces won't know about the league and I only found out a few yrs back from another thread so I imagine it will be a similar story.
Original post by GrandMedic
Maybe just needs more advertising at the start of the season in the other football threads? A lot of new faces won't know about the league and I only found out a few yrs back from another thread so I imagine it will be a similar story.

How many people joined for the season that just ended?

I didn’t do this season and I’m not sure about next year either.

It’ll be interesting to see how much Haaland costs. Same as Kane ? Also Son’s price must be dramatically higher because I feel like every year he is underpriced.
Original post by Driving_Mad
How many people joined for the season that just ended?

I didn’t do this season and I’m not sure about next year either.

It’ll be interesting to see how much Haaland costs. Same as Kane ? Also Son’s price must be dramatically higher because I feel like every year he is underpriced.

I skipped last year and actually enjoyed that I wasn't stressing about one extra thing (as I'm too competitive to play casually).
Original post by Zerforax
I skipped last year and actually enjoyed that I wasn't stressing about one extra thing (as I'm too competitive to play casually).

Yeah I like to be top of all my mini-leagues and a bad gameweek used to deter my mood.

I heard last year the players were too expensive which made it difficult to make a balanced team.

I permanently deleted my account though so I lost all my history and progress unfortunately :/
Original post by Driving_Mad
Yeah I like to be top of all my mini-leagues and a bad gameweek used to deter my mood.

I heard last year the players were too expensive which made it difficult to make a balanced team.

I permanently deleted my account though so I lost all my history and progress unfortunately :/

Guess they dont want everyone to pick the 5 best players and points totals to be too similar.

My main problem was all the fixture changes. Years ago, I could just log in Saturday morning and do my team before a 11am deadline. Now there are so many Friday games, weekday games, double gameweeks, so much fixture changes due to the pandemic etc. Just feels like too much work/chore!
Reply 32
are we doing a fantasy this year?
Original post by E.B5
are we doing a fantasy this year?

Of course. New thread will be created & league reactivated as soon as the game goes live, which looks like it'll be next week.
Website is live
Locking this one. TSR league has been renewed.

New thread for the 2022/23 season:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7235240

Latest