The Student Room Group

feelings for my friend

I made a new friend around 5 months ago. When I first started crushing on her she had a girlfriend so telling her would be too complicated, however they broke up a month ago and I have started to really like her. I know that she is interested in someone else so I don't think telling her would be the right move, as well as this I don't want to jeopardize our friendship because she has become one of my best friends. It is getting harder to talk to her without acting weird and I'm not sure what to do. How do I get over my feelings for her?
This will probably be annoying to hear but you just have to wait. Getting over someone takes time and there isn't something specific that you can do to make your feelings go away. Maybe spend less time with her for a bit and wait for the feelings to fade. I'm in a very similar situation to you right now and even though a month ago just being around her hurt, I'm starting to get over her now because school finished a few weeks ago and I haven't seen her in person that frequently since. Stay strong. You just have to hang in there for a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending