Kat7892
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently interested in doing law at University and I've heard that Further Maths alongside Maths is sometimes not acceptable to some Universities ( also currently doing Chemistry). Is this true? And if so, for what universities, as I've been looking and can't find the A-Levels they accept and don't accept for the course online. Thank you.
Leesha24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kat7892)
I'm currently interested in doing law at University and I've heard that Further Maths alongside Maths is sometimes not acceptable to some Universities ( also currently doing Chemistry). Is this true? And if so, for what universities, as I've been looking and can't find the A-Levels they accept and don't accept for the course online. Thank you.
you don't need any specific a levels to do law as it has no subject requirements. I want to do law at uni and I take bio, psychology and english literature.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fm is usually done as a 4th a level and may not be accepted as a third one. Same as some university don’t accept doing a language id that’s your native tongue. Just have to dig into the requirements of each One you are interested in.
Kat7892
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
Fm is usually done as a 4th a level and may not be accepted as a third one. Same as some university don’t accept doing a language id that’s your native tongue. Just have to dig into the requirements of each One you are interested in.
Would places like Oxford or Cambridge not accept FM as a 3rd A-Level for Law then?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’d have to check . I googled lse + further maths and they said it’s okay for law if third subject is an essay one.
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kat7892)
Can't you check their websites and email them if unclear? There's no reason why anyone in the real world would have an authoritative answer to such a niche question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads