Mustafah41352
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i got really bad predictions for the year 12 (dde) but i really want to get into a russel group like queen marys. i know i can get really good a levels, but how am i supposed to even apply or what can i do.
Leesha24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
look into a uni that has lower entry requirements for the course you're interested in.
hollyrob123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apply anyway and hope for a conditional offer if you get a super good personal statement etc. You could also take a gap year and apply with your final year 13 grades which you’re saying will be higher. If you speak to your schools careers team or your teachers/personal tutor they can help you out with applying and give u extra help outside of lessons to boost ur grades !! I know that the teachers at my school try to give higher predicted grades if you want to take that subject at uni and also show evidence of improvement in that subject just so you have a better chance of getting an offer. You could also resit your year 12 exams in september if you are willing to revise etc over summer for better predicted grades?
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mustafah41352)
i got really bad predictions for the year 12 (dde) but i really want to get into a russel group like queen marys. i know i can get really good a levels, but how am i supposed to even apply or what can i do.alk to your teachersT now.
Talk to your teachers now.
Ask them what you can do to raise your grades (extra reading etc), and if they would make you higher predictions if, for instance, you worked like crazy over the summer and began to impress them in the autumn term.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.71%
Excited but a bit nervous (114)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.15%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise