What is his problem?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know this guy who has a crush or sexual lust towards me. I don't know what he actually wants but what I do know is that each time he saw me with my friends going out (I posted photos of us on instagram) , he would act weird. He wouldn't talk to me at first, ignore me etc. Only when I smiled at him, he would get normal again. Two weeks ago when I met my friend in front of him, he looked slightly annoyed.

But it was clear that he acted really odd whenever he saw me with my female friends.

I have invited him to hang out, I messaged him saying if he's free he can let me know. He never did but obsessively views all my stories and posts.
But I posted stories of me and my friend having lunch and dinner and he's been online every 20 minutes but hasn't seen my stories after he saw the dinner one.

It's not like I'm hanging out with guys. These are girls and when he has no interest in hanging out or even talking, then why act like a jerk by ignoring?
Anonymous #1
Bump
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would leave him
He counds weird and controlling! It sounds like if you guys got together he would make you dump your friends. He also sounds quite manipulative.
Huge red flags, leave well alone
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Roasted Potato)
I would leave him
He counds weird and controlling! It sounds like if you guys got together he would make you dump your friends. He also sounds quite manipulative.
Huge red flags, leave well alone
Manipulative how???
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Manipulative how???
This behaviour is making you question who you are hanging out with "it's not like it's boys" and it is having the intended effect, if you question who you are hanging out with, you sre more likely to find jt easier to leave them till you have only him!

You have begun to check if he jus seeing his story and if he is active rather than actually being with your friends, making him bigger than he should be.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
"Girls nights out" have a certain rep.

Anyway, you can hang out with whoever you want. Be a decent person and hang out with decent people. Don't trouble yourself with drama like this. You can make him an offer, which you did. But you can't make him take it.
Anonymous #1
This behaviour is making you question who you are hanging out with "it's not like it's boys" and it is having the intended effect, if you question who you are hanging out with, you sre more likely to find jt easier to leave them till you have only him!

You have begun to check if he jus seeing his story and if he is active rather than actually being with your friends, making him bigger than he should be.
But I messaged him saying if he's free he can let me know. He hasn't. Then why expect this? I tagged him in photos of the sea, he liked 1 and ignored the other. So what does he expect?
Anonymous #1
"Girls nights out" have a certain rep.

Anyway, you can hang out with whoever you want. Be a decent person and hang out with decent people. Don't trouble yourself with drama like this. You can make him an offer, which you did. But you can't make him take it.
It's not a night out. It's just me and my friend going to restaurants. And we don't do cheap things. Just eat, talk and post photos of our foods
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But I messaged him saying if he's free he can let me know. He hasn't. Then why expect this? I tagged him in photos of the sea, he liked 1 and ignored the other. So what does he expect?
I was interested in a guy very similar and he would ignore me for ages! And when he returned obvs I was excited and then he would basically blame me for him leaving so I would change and try extra hard so he wouldn't leave again, and this happened tonnes!
To the point we're I wasn't sleeping because he might be awake or might wake up Nd if he was alone he would leave and it would be my fault. Eventually I had to sleep normally I had exams and disappeared myself and when I came back he raged and blamed me more and I realised it was always going to be my fault, I will always have to change, I will lose my friends and people I trust because I want to make him happy
And it all started in a weird parallel to what is happening with you
It's a big red flag
And a manipulation

I have had friends who I can see have been online but haven't replied but I simply know they are busy and that's fine. They aren't obsessive with my social media. They don't get weird when I hang out with other people. It's a fine line and hard to tell between the start of something bad and just regular behaviour but I am telling you it's a red flag. Do with this information what you wish, listen to it or don't it's your life, your relationships.
Anonymous #1
Bump guys
Anonymous #1
I was interested in a guy very similar and he would ignore me for ages! And when he returned obvs I was excited and then he would basically blame me for him leaving so I would change and try extra hard so he wouldn't leave again, and this happened tonnes!
To the point we're I wasn't sleeping because he might be awake or might wake up Nd if he was alone he would leave and it would be my fault. Eventually I had to sleep normally I had exams and disappeared myself and when I came back he raged and blamed me more and I realised it was always going to be my fault, I will always have to change, I will lose my friends and people I trust because I want to make him happy
It's a big red flag
And a manipulation

I have had friends who I can see have been online but haven't replied but I simply know they are busy and that's fine. They aren't obsessive with my social media. They don't get weird when I hang out with other people. It's a fine line and hard to tell between the start of something bad and just regular behaviour but I am telling you it's a red flag. Do with this information what you wish, listen to it or don't it's your life, your relationships.
Yeah since the last story of my food, he hasn't viewed or at least fully opened my stories.
When he has been online all night as he barely sleeps and is online at odd hours on Whatsapp and Instagram.

He's done this before too. Each time he saw stories if a friend and I (always just 1 girl) , he would stop viewing or view in secret. I know this as 2 or 3 stories wouldn't have him as viewer but the 4th one would. This happens when you view the person's story by only half opening their story.
Anonymous #1
It's a big red flag
And a manipulation

Also I messaged him last week asking if he's free then let me know. He never followed on it himself then why act like this?
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1 he is not interested anymore
2 he is immature and doesn't know what to do
3 he is a manipulator and this is a red flag. You are obsessing over when he opens your story. If he has been online or seen your messages
This is not healthy behaviour and has been caused by him
Leave it alone
Anonymous #1
1 he is not interested anymore
2 he is immature and doesn't know what to do
3 he is a manipulator and this is a red flag. You are obsessing over when he opens your story. If he has been online or seen your messages
This is not healthy behaviour and has been caused by him
Leave it alone
I'm not obsessing. I ve noticed this pattern. After the dinner post, he didn't see my stories. Which is similar to how he has acted after seeing stories of me with friends.
Anonymous #1
Bump
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bump

You can bump all you like but seems like this thread has been appropriately answered already.

If he’s still continuing to ignore you then he simply doesn’t want to talk to you. Then don’t. Viewing your stories means nothing. He can view your stories but not be that interested enough to go out with you. You’re reading into this too much. When you see him annoyed again, ask him “what’s up?” If he says nothing then take that as his answer. If he really had a problem with you then he would tell you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
You can bump all you like but seems like this thread has been appropriately answered already.

If he’s still continuing to ignore you then he simply doesn’t want to talk to you. Then don’t. Viewing your stories means nothing. He can view your stories but not be that interested enough to go out with you. You’re reading into this too much. When you see him annoyed again, ask him “what’s up?” If he says nothing then take that as his answer. If he really had a problem with you then he would tell you.
Then why was he asking to meet up for coffee when he used to work thre? Suggesting he finishes at 8pm and we should go?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then why was he asking to meet up for coffee when he used to work thre? Suggesting he finishes at 8pm and we should go?

What? If he’s asking then if you want to go with him then go?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
What? If he’s asking then if you want to go with him then go?
He asked and the same week he told me he's quitting the job. After that like I said he views my stories but doesn't message
Roasted Potato
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think this person is spam or a trolll. Wouldn't reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
28.89%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.89%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
54.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.41%

Watched Threads