courtney love and hole

Watch
elscha_bandito
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve loved nirvana for as long as I can remember and i’ve recently startes listening to hole but apparently there’s a big controversy around courtney love, so could someone just explsin what’s going on. thanks
Last edited by elscha_bandito; 1 month ago
tired_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elscha_bandito)
I’ve loved nirvana for as long as I can remember and i’ve recently startes listening to hole but apparently there’s a big controversy around courtney love, so could someone just explsin what’s going on. thanks
Hi, I'm a huge nirvana fan too! The main controversy, which I assume you're referring to, is whether Kurt Cobain died from suicide or murder. The investigator Love hired to find Cobain grew suspicious and became a leading voice with this conspiracy theory.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but man, the deeper you dig into the case, the weirder it gets. I personally don't believe it was just suicide, because a lot isn't consistent. However, some of that is based on gut feeling. There's a lot of evidence, with people interpreting it all differently. For example, his suicide note appears to reference leaving the music industry, before rapidly changing in style/handwriting and suddenly becoming more of a traditional suicide note. Supposedly, Love had pieces of paper in her handbag which had practice copies, where she had tried to copy Cobain's handwriting. There was a guy who stated that she offered him £10k (I think) to kill Cobain; this man, though arguably disreputable, has been filmed stating this. Hs died soon after. But he could have been after clout, Cobain was suicidal previously, etc, etc. There's weight to both sides.

Whether or not there's enough to sway you... That's up to you. I'd 100% recommend checking out the case, there's all kinds of interesting facts such as whether Cobain could have shot himself with the amount of drugs in his system, etc.

I'm not sure if this is the controversy you mean, but it's certainly huge. The entire case is... very controversial, very sad, and very interesting. I know an absolute ton about it, so feel free to dm me if you're researching and get lost!
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does it have to do with her comments about the Women's March?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mad how people don't believe a bloke that made a career on how miserable he was and how he wanted to off himself might have... offed himself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise