Anonware
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. I haven't applied for student finance yet as I am looking to apply through clearing on results day (August 10th). Do I apply for student finance on results day? I haven't applied yet as I thought you would need a confirmed place at the universty to actually recieve accomodation and then apply for student finance, not sure if I am correct though?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you wait until August to apply then it’s very likely that you won’t get your loan through in time for the start of your course. Can you afford to cover your living costs from savings for the first weeks/months?

You don’t have to know your university to apply for finance. Apply now and put your best guess of which university a d course you will be doing. You can update your university or course in August.
Anonware
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you wait until August to apply then it’s very likely that you won’t get your loan through in time for the start of your course. Can you afford to cover your living costs from savings for the first weeks/months?

You don’t have to know your university to apply for finance. Apply now and put your best guess of which university a d course you will be doing. You can update your university or course in August.
I see, so update it in august. What if I apply for student finance but don’t end up going university? Or what if the university I put in for student finance changes, it would still be ok to update in august?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonware)
I see, so update it in august. What if I apply for student finance but don’t end up going university? Or what if the university I put in for student finance changes, it would still be ok to update in august?
Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.92%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.21%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.33%
I'm really nervous (60)
20.55%

Watched Threads